IR Extender for Next Box 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

IR Extender for Next Box 3.0

Yesterday we upgraded from a NextBox 2.0 to Nextbox 3.0.  I had the official CISCO IR Extender cable for the 2.0.  The nextbox 3.0 has the same IR exterder connector on the back.   

It seems to work from time to time.  Has anyone gotten this to work?  Is there another able I should by.  I will take it back and get the old PVR if I cannot make this work.

-switch on box

-P/N for new cable?

Much Appreciated,

V

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IR Extender for Next Box 3.0

I took a peek around..

Looked through all the documentation for the d9865 available.. (unfortunately that is not the exact model that rogers has, their is slightly modified from the ones listed).
They did not specifiy a specific IR extender.

The cisco IR extenders, don't list the 9865 unfortunately either... since they came out BEFORE the box did..

I will keep an eye out if i can find anything on it.

I've Been Around

Did anyone find an answer to this issue, because facing a similar issue

I've Been Around

same issue??.... anyone have a suggestion

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only thing i ever found.. was never an extact model number.. (as a FULL proper guide for this box doesnt exist.. as its a SPECIAL one made only for rogers.. slightly different than the stock cisco unit).

But mentioned that the standard CISCO one that worked on the 8642, etc used, would work.

Trick is finding one of those extenders 😛

I've Been Around

Netbox 3.0 and Xbox One IR Extender / IR Blaster

Hey Guys

So I just moved in, blah blah, tv needs to be mounted, and things need to be hidden away, before I mount the tv i would like to figure out how I will communicate with my netbox and xbox one. I have an IR Reciever that will work with the xbox but not the Nextbox 3.0 9865HD since its outside of the frequency level.

I would like to tuck the boxes away behind / beside the couch where they don't stand out. Does any one have any recommendations on how I should go about this. I will be running the hdmi / lan etc through the attic so about 15 feet. Any solutions for extending the IR? Possiable a solution for both netbox and xbox.

If I can't find one I was just thinking to hook up the netbox to the xbox one and just use that.

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only other thing i could think..

Is some of the higher end logitech remotes.  They come with a little IR hub.
The hub then goes in with the devices.. and the remote commuicates via bluetooth i beleive.. so doesnt have to be in visible range, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

I got an 'aftermarket' IR extender for my Rogers Nextbox, and it works very well.  Found it on kijiji.  

I've Been Here Awhile

I have found a IR Blaster that works on

Rogers Nextbox 3.0 CISCO.

I have found product # 8060 IR Extender

from MONOPRICE to work on all three of my recievers with no issues.

I've Been Here Awhile

product #8060 from MONOPRICE works