IPG text too small.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

IPG text too small.

A few days ago I had a Nextbox 2 installed so I'm guessing it has all the latest and greatest updates. When I start up the interactive programming guide. I find myself wanting to stand up and walk to the display, the text too small.  The same hold true for other navigation tools that come with the Rogers interface. Is there an option to increase the size of the text?  If I use the TV's zoom option I wind up losing the channel information on the left side of the guide...

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: IPG text too small.

Nope. Rogers took that option out before they released it. A tech agent that works for Rogers said that.
there is no way to get the text font bigger. It sucks (n)
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I love the new text.. im suprised that everyone complains about it... but i love it.

Im used to the max resolution on my PC, etc.. i would prefer small and clear, rather than pixelated.. it hurts my eyes to focus on the old IPG text Smiley Sad

I guess in the long run, depends on your TV too.. im viewing it on a 47" LED.. so it wouldnt be as tiny as say on a 22" or something Smiley Tongue

I've Been Here Awhile

There's nothing wrong with the guides layout and presentation.   It's obvious a lot of thought and work went into it. However the TV is a 37 inch HD viewed from 10 to 12 foot away and having older eyes mean reading 1/2 inch or 1.4 cm characters from the distance is not as easy as it used to be.  I expect to be updating the TV.  What is your viewing distance to the 47" and what  variety of panel is it? LCD, LED, plasma. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Never mind about the type of panel.  ...  I see you mentioned LED.  My bad...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have the 55'' Samsung LED 8000 series smart TV & i wish i could change the font on the new IPG from Rogers. I know on Bell you can do it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

im sitting about 8-10ft away from the tv

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

maybe its time to check your eyes? lol j/k. I dont have this box so i have no idea how small the text is, can someone post a pic perhaps

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My eyes are fine.. since i can see it just fine at a normal viewing distance. (thats from the wall where the tv is to the sofa, width of a standard room in the house)

I think the text is all relative.   Think of it  computer terms.  You have  resolution of 1280x1024.  You put that on a 17" monitor.. it will be a certain size.

You put a bigger monitor.. say a 20", it has more of an area to fill, the text actualy gets BIGGER if the resolution is the same.

So a smaller tv it may be less legible, compared to a bigger one... or the other people need to get their eyes checked Smiley Tongue

I've Been Around

Gawd, why do companies feel a compulsion to change things that work - things that are simple?

I am not at all pleased with whatever upgrade it was that Rogers felt was necessary one or two nights ago to implement.  It resulted in the TV Guide now being almost impossible to read from a reasonable distance (the nice blue colouring helped, too), and for On Demand, the nice organization of the listing of TV Shows, Movies, etc., is gone after selecting 'A' to bypass the previews.

I am **bleep** upset at this.  Sometimes change is good, but definitely NOT IN THIS CASE.  Every channel now has writing at the bottom of the screen that is just impossible to read against the black background, and it's not just that my eyesight is a bit poor for distance.  I saw the text just fine up until a couple of days ago.  I now have to have glasses on all the time with the impossibly tiny text some designer decided was smart to implement.  Not smart at all, and I am now frustrated watching TV.

PLEASE RESTORE THE TEXT SIZE THAT WORKED BEFORE.  Many of us will have difficulty reading the moronic tiny text now occupying the screen.