IPG text too small.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: IPG text too small.

I wish that they would just give more program information... it seems like just a waste of space... having only 1-2 hours of data showing across wise, and only 5 or so channels up/down to view at any time.  There should be an option to choose how many hours ahead you want to see on the guide, and how many channels you want to see at a time.... I know that this would probably affect font size and such.. but thats why it should be an option.  If you choose the standard 1-2 hours, and 5 channels.. then make the font bigger!  if you choose more info, it might need to be smaller to cram more info in... my choice!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't have HD and my PVR uses the old IPG, presumably not what the OP is talking about. However, I have noticed many shows now are made for HD and 55"+ TVs placed a lot closer to the viewer than what we hqave grown accustomed to. They will show people texting each other on their playphones and to see the text I have to pause, zoom the screen and stand close to the TV to try and make it out. Sometimes I can't because I don't have HD. So I guess the message is, go out and buy yourself a bigger TV.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats just it.. sometimes the stuff.. while good in concept.. just doesnt scale well.

I do have HD boxes, and watch them on my 57" tv or on my HD projector (which projects to a 72" wide screen).

For me, the new guide, is crips and clean.  Is the font smaller than the old guide? yes.. but still VERY readable.  But again, that is on my TVs.

You take this same thing, and scale it down to an HD tv still.. but say a 32" or something, its going to come out ALOT smaller. 😞

Highlighted

I have a 50 inch panasonic plasma 50 VT 50. No problem here. I sit approx 8ft away. But yall know plasma is the best right?? True black levels without all the issues of LCD or LED HDTV's like blue haze, flashlight effects, non-true black levels, poor build qualities of samsung led's.. Ugh, lol. I get crisp images with plasma and with lights turned off the room becomes like a mini theatre. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

On occasion I too have trouble reading the program discriptions,  It is a bit of a pain to have to do this but, when you highlight a program in the guide then hit the info button you get the program information in a slighty larger font. 

Considering the aging of the country's demographic over the next few years having a font size option ould be a great idea. Evn increasing the font size of this message board wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Highlighted

@jays77 wrote:

On occasion I too have trouble reading the program discriptions,  It is a bit of a pain to have to do this but, when you highlight a program in the guide then hit the info button you get the program information in a slighty larger font. 

Considering the aging of the country's demographic over the next few years having a font size option ould be a great idea. Evn increasing the font size of this message board wouldn't be a bad idea either.

You can.. that's done through your browser! Check your browser settings. I use google chrome. Under settings - zoom function. ALL browsers have similar viewing options. 

I've Been Here Awhile

How can I increase the size of the guide font on the Cisco explorer cable box
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@33David : You cannot change the font. Sorry, there is no such option.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I would advise working on such an option!

There are a lot of people with visual limitations that are finding the new smaller Font very difficult to read, and in a day and age when we all work to help limit the effects of disabilities on our day to day lives, Rogers has taken a huge step in the wrong direction!. If you notice for instance it is very easy to change font and font size in this forum.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@33David : Rogers won't be adding any features to these boxes as they are busy working on their IPTV platform.  Also, the older boxes are already really slow, so any additional features would slow them down more.  Rogers recently started rolling out new firmware for the older boxes (4642, 8642, 8600) that has a slightly different font to make them a bit faster.

One thing you may wish to consider if you have a tablet/phone is to use the Home Edition app to do any IPG searches, etc.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-home-edition-overview