IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

Thanks for the heads up. I don't keep up with Indycar and NASCAR except for the road courses.  I knew the Chinese F1 was on next weekend and I usually search for those using the * button, but came up empty for Qualifying and the Race. I had to go through all the TSN channels in the IPG for Saturday and Sunday to find them. The search function (*) with SARA is sometimes hit-or-miss

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Handmaid's Tale (Season 2, first two episodes) is airing on Bravo this Sunday evening.  I've tried to set it to record, however, on the PVR's IPG it shows TBA (or "movie" on AnyPlace Web) for most of the day.  Same on AnyPlace Home Edition, along with incorrect programming listed for parts of the evening.  The Handmaid's tale does show on Anyplace web edition at 9PM, unfortunately, you can't set recordings from there. 

Also note that episode 2 starts at an odd time (10:06?), so I think I'll just extend the first episode by 3 hours to catch episodes 1 and 2...

This is a pretty major event for many people, so c'mon Rogers, let's get the IPGs working correctly for Bravo Sunday so we can set our PVRs.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I see that on the Zap2it Guide, but my Rogers IPG (SARA) just shows To Be Announced from 8:00 to 10:00 pm and Good Behavior from 10:00 to 11:00 pm.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I see now the two episodes of The Handmaid's Tale show up as New and at the correct times (9:00-10:06 and 10:06-11:11) in my SARA IPG the same as they are in the Zap2it guide. It's always good to check scheduled recordings closer to the actual time to verify,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, it was still mostly TBAs last night for most of Sunday.  Thanks Rogers for finally getting the IPG populated.  I wonder what took so long?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So, I used Home Edition on my iPad to programme Handmaid's Tale for 9PM and 10:06PM Sunday night, which is what showed in the guide.  However, when I reviewed the scheduled recordings list in Home Edition, it showed "TBA" and "Good Behavior", which is what was in the guide yesterday. I checked my PVR and it was properly programmed with the proper Handmaid's Tale listings.  Very strange stuff still happens with Home Edition...

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just checked with Home Edition on my Android phone and Android tablet and the Guide is up to date and both new episodes look like they're at the correct time. Both are older Android versions, 4.1.2 and 4.4.2. Sadly, I can neither schedule recordings nor watch live TV on these devices. Maybe I need a new version of Home Edition.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLRwrote:

1. I just checked with Home Edition on my Android phone and Android tablet and the Guide is up to date and both new episodes look like they're at the correct time.

2. Sadly, I can neither schedule recordings nor watch live TV on these devices. Maybe I need a new version of Home Edition.

1. The guide was fine. It was when I looked at my scheduled recordings in HE that the incorrect information was displayed.

2. Don't know about the version (for scheduling), however, you need the AnyPlace App to stream (which is different from Home Edition) - see link below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/my-guide-amp-manage-my-pvr-missing/m-p/415266#M45098

I'm a Senior Advisor

Turns out there was nothing wrong with my Home Edition apps, they're working now for scheduling recordings. Just Rogers unpredictability. Smiley Embarassed

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This Saturday, FoxSR (409 in my area) will be airing Formula E Qualifying at 10:30AM and Formula E Race at 11:30AM.  When I went to schedule this yesterday, the PVR IPG and Home Edition showed Nascar and Drag Racing.

Today Home Edition and the PVR IPG are showing Pinks and Arenacross at 10 & 11.

Today, Anyplace TV (Web or App) is correctly showing Formula E at 10:30 and at 11:30, although the "info" doesn't contain any useful information like Qualifying or the Race.

What a mess.  I guess I'll have to wait until the PVR IPG and/or Home Edition contains the correct information to programme my PVR since I can't do it from AnyplaceTV (web or app).  If this happened only occasionally, it would be one thing, however, almost all the issues I've outlined since post 1 of this thread continue to plague us daily and weekly.