IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

@OLDYELLR wrote:

That's odd. I don't see what you see.  Smiley Frustrated   I guess you'll find out when you record it.

S3, Ep 1 aired last week and I already watched it. It was 90 minutes long (with commercials), per your link and per the quote in my previous post that I copied from your link.  I'm not quite sure why you see something different from me, but perhaps a different browser shows different information.  Or perhaps you have some sort of cookie that takes you to another page.  Try the following link and make sure it appears in your URL exactly as below:

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/fargo/EP01720858?aid=tvschedule

What I was wondering was how they were going to put the 90 minute episode into one hour this Wednesday, per the Rogers IPG.  Also, the second episode may be longer than the one hour they have in the IPG, per your link. Regardless, I'm have set my PVR to record an extra 30 minutes for S3, Ep 2.  Luckily Fargo airs several times per week allowing people to re-record or re-watch if FX or Rogers screws up, like they did last week.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For Formula 1 this weekend in Sochi, all of the websites I looked at, including TSN, have all 3 events for Russia starting at 8AM EDT. However, the Rogers IPG shows Qualifying and the Race at 7AM EDT, so be prepared for a mess later this week.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I see that Rogers have corrected Fargo for this Wednesday. S3, Ep1 is airing at 8:30PM, giving 90 minutes as required.  S3, Ep2 airs at 10:00PM, with a 70 minute timeslot, which may be enough.

Thanks Rogers, now work on F1 on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

For Formula 1 this weekend in Sochi, all of the websites I looked at, including TSN, have all 3 events for Russia starting at 8AM EDT. However, the Rogers IPG shows Qualifying and the Race at 7AM EDT, so be prepared for a mess later this week.

I've never looked anywhere else but the Rogers IPG to schedule my recordings and have both Qualifying and Race starting at 6:55 a.m.  But, yes,  Zap2it has them starting at 7:55 and the TSN website says 8:00 a.m.  If the Rogers Guide is wrong, at least I'll be able to add another hour while I'm watching the recordings.  It's probably a good ides to confirm the times closer to the events.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thank you Rogers.  The IPG for Formula 1 this weekend is now correct. If you scheduled your recordings earlier this week, you should delete those and schedule new.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the heads up @57

I usually record Qualifying and the Race, each extended by an hour (unless rain is expected, when I extend it longer).  I schedule these recordings from the IPG no more than 6 days in advance because that's the max the SA8300 SARA system allows. If I do it earlier using RAPTV I get Manual Recordings.

That's what I did last Monday and now, from the IPG, I see that I'm actually recording Pre-Qualifying plus Qualifying and Pit Lane plus the Race, but still ending where I originally set them, so I guess I'm okay.

Other than a couple of times TSN or Rogers switched channels at the last moment, I've never had a problem recording Formula 1.  I't the Cycling Grand Tours that give issues, where I sometimes have to FF through half an hour of Sports Desk or stick-and-ball and make sure to record at least a couple of hours extra.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Thanks for the heads up @57

That's what I did last Monday and now, from the IPG, I see that I'm actually recording Pre-Qualifying plus Qualifying and Pit Lane plus the Race, but still ending where I originally set them, so I guess I'm okay.

Don't bet on it. It may not record correctly.  I always delete and re-schedule if there was an error.  Much safer.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

Don't bet on it. It may not record correctly.  I always delete and re-schedule if there was an error.  Much safer.

So what I did was l leave those scheduled recordings on 498 alone and set new ones from the IPG on 497 and 496.  Extending those by an hour as well, I now see the original ones might end an hour sooner than I wanted. Belt and suspenders, as they say. I'll see what I get.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

TVO (channels 2/580) hasn't had any programming information for several days and doesn't have any information for the next week!!

I'm a Senior Advisor

TVO comes up just fine for me in the IPG with the SA8300HD.  Just checking RAPTV though because that guide is more like the Nextbox IPG and it's not working this morning.

Topic Stats