IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

Sorry to say but Rogers doesn't seem to care or respond on these messages.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@yyz64:

Although Rogers rarely responds, they do read the posts and sometimes they get forwarded to the appropriate channels.  It also documents an issue and many of the mods may "file the information", even if only in their personal archives.

It also helps other users and lets me vent.  Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 and @yyz64  Very true, we rarely get "official responses" from Rogers back to us, but they do read them, and yes, it does let those of us who have been around long enough to have learned that the frustration of silence is not new to validate your concerns and to vent with you.

It also serves another function - I keep track of my own issues that I have reported on here, and if I and others are not getting solutions, when it comes time to go "officially" to Rogers through the communications channels, I can speak to what I have done already, the amount of time, my inconvience, and that I am not the only one, and point out that I am just looking for solutions so I can enjoy my services, and just pay my bills and that the last thing I really want to do is spending ours hearing nothing back and watching people go through the same things.

Any time I do have to go to tech support on an issue being discussed here, I point them to how many posts are occurring here, and often it has got them to escalate it when they realize they have no more answers than we do.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

For anyone interested in the F1 this weekend, the events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday appear to be "early" by 1 hour.  I've notified TSN and am hereby notifying Rogers. Please correct the situation ASAP.  We suspect this is due to recent changes to DST in the UK or other ineptness.

So what are the correct times? I just record Qualifying and the Race and have those set for 2:55 a.m. Saturday and 1:55 a.m. Sunday, extending each by an hour. Those start times is what I see on the Rogers IPG and Zap2it as well as being close to what Fox Sports has.  Should I extend them another hour?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like it was the F1 website that was incorrect, Not TSN or Rogers.  They have now corrected the F1 website.

https://www.formula1.com/en.html

I Plan to Stick Around

OK so I emailed HGTV  and this is the response I got back

"

Thank you for your inquiry.

HGTV Canada distributes accurate and detailed schedule information to various TV Listings providers, however we are not responsible for updating their actual listings.

The HGTV Canada online schedule: http://www.hgtv.ca/on-tv/schedule/ is your best option for detailed programming information. You can also visit our individual series pages at http://www.hgtv.ca/shows/ and select your desired show to see detailed episode descriptions and schedule information.

Regards,

HGTV Canada"

So it appears to be up to Rogers or whoever is providing their guide information.. HEY ROGERS FIX IT

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So, last Wednesday FX screwed up on their airing of Episode 1 of Fargo. They restarted about 3/4 of the way through, so people missed the ending.

Luckily it re-aired later in the week and I watched that instead since people at Digital Home Forum had advised people of the error. The weird thing is that Episode 1 is 90 minutes long and Rogers IPG shows only 60 minutes on this Wednesday at 9PM for the "re-re-airing".  I'm not sure what they're going to do - air only 60 minutes and miss the ending again, start at 8:30PM, start Episode 2 at 10:30???

I'm a Senior Advisor

The Zap2it guide shows all episodes to be 60 minutes.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/fargo/EP01720858?aid=tvschedule

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:  From your link, if you look at Season 3, Episode 1, it's 90 minutes. First aired on April 19.

The Law of Vacant Places

S03, E01  (First Aired: Apr. 19, 2017)
A petty sibling rivalry between two brothers escalates and brings chaos to a small Minnesotan community.
  • Thu 4/27
  • 12:28AM-1:57AM

If you look at Episode 2, it looks like 75 minutes on April 26/27 and 60 minutes on May 4 - perhaps fewer commercials (more commercials on first airing? )  Or a mistake.

Ep 3 looks like 60 minutes.

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's odd. I don't see what you see.  Smiley Frustrated   I guess you'll find out when you record it.