IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

The proper titles are showing again today.  No more "manual recordings". If someone here fixed it, thanks.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Last Friday I scheduled the first 6 stages of the Tour de France using the RAPTV web app. Stage 6 came up as "Manual Recording" on my SA8300HD PVR because its IPG only sees 6 days ahead. Looking at scheduled recordings on the RAPTV web app now, the others have their titles but stage 6 is "Manual Recording" while Stage 7 has its title because I scheduled more stages later. It also seems the RAPTV guide "sees" scheduled series recordings on my PVR 10 days ahead but calls then manual recordings.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. There is no programme information for HiFi (538) beyond today.  Saturday onwards is blank.

2. I've had a series recording set up for Grand Designs for quite a while. This past week it has stopped recording (Ch. 514 at 3PM daily).  I deleted the series recording and tried to set up a new one. Despite there being 5-6 such programmes per week (Sunday is often a repeat), when I set up the series it only found the first day and not the other airings.  I have therefore resorted to setting up single recordings for each of the next few days - a pain. I may try setting up a series again next week because I have encountered a similar issue before - a few months back.  There seems to be no pattern/reason.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Daily Planet is starting a new season this week (daily 7PM, Discovery 574) and I'm trying to set up a series recording. (Series - Timeslot - Any Day).  It is not taking and only schedules one recording.  I've tried using the AnyPlace App on my iPad, as well as directly on the PVR. No go.

Perhaps it'll self-correct by Monday, but perhaps not.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have no trouble setting either New or Timeslot recordings of Daily Planet on my SA8300HD. Must be a Navigare "feature".

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The issue with Daily Planet series recording corrected itself overnight.  Just another one of those Navigatr things.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

The issue with Daily Planet series recording corrected itself overnight.  Just another one of those Navigatr things.

You are not alone in your frustration. Because of the Interactive Program Guide (IPG) problems,  we tend to record the program before and the program after just to make sure we don't not miss our favourite shows. I am not sure what the solution is to the faulty IPG!

We can add time to the programs but it takes too many clicks each time for all our recordings.  

Perhaps I should make a suggestion to gdkitty to add a default to the UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016 list of issues. 

Instead of adding 1hr for each program, the addition of1 hr per program should be a default feature of the Navigatr recording options.  That way we always get an extra hour for the unannouced extensions due to sports, specials or the very frequent PBS pledge drives.  We missed the end of the last program of Phryne Fisher, Season Two due to "the pledge". The errors in the IPG are a constant pain for many stations! 

There has to be a more efficient and effective solution.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14

That is already possible under Settings - Default Recording.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When viewing the IPG for February, or when you press the "B" button in the guide, the guide currently shows "Undefined", instead of "February".

(This is with Navigatr on my NB3s.  My 8300HD running SARA and AnyPlace seem to know what month comes next...)

I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed that too @57...my guess is that Rogers can't spell "February"Smiley Very Happy