IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrmckay
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

The Drama channel Guide listings have been fixed.

Hugh

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The IPG was not fixed in time for Formula E. For Saturday I had to record the programmes before the IPG listing and on Sunday I had to record the programmes after the IPG listing because both days were incorrect.  I recorded the IPG listing for Formula E as well, just in case.

I supposed it's a good thing that there were no last minute changes because that would have messed up the recordings that I did set to compensate for the inaccuracies.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yet again, the Auto Racing listings in the IPG are incorrect for next weekend.  The IPG shows Formula E racing on TSN4 & TSN5 on Saturday morning May 8th, however, it should show Formula 1 pre-qualifying and Formula 1 qualifying on TSN5 instead of SportsCentre and Formula E.  It's the same sad story most weekends.

I watched a programme called "Backyard Builds" on HGTV and the description was in Spanish again.  How does this even happen in Canada?

It seems that about half of the programming that I record/watch has incorrect information, missing information, Spanish, German or French titles or information, etc.  What's going on?  It's not as though this is an occasional issue. It's every week on lots of programming.  Anyplace shows the correct information. Why can't the IPG on our PVRs???

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't have Rogers Cable anymore, but IPTV from my ISP, and I'm seeing the same thing.  I can find Qualifying on Zap2it, but ON TV TONIGHT has Sportsnet. I'm just setting a recording of Sportsnet  at 9 am Saturday for qualifying. Maybe the listings will change later in the week.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
hrmckay
I Plan to Stick Around

Tonight, May 5, 2021, the CTV Drama channel (40 on my hardware, not Ignite) will be showing new episodes of The Handmaid's Tale.  But the Guide for tonight shows To Be Announced.

They better announce it quickly so I can record The Handmaid's Tale.

Hugh

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hrmckay : The IPG usually updates overnight, so it's doubtful the IPG will update before this evening. It looks like you can set the TBAs to record, but I can't guarantee they will actually record...

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

Yet again, the Auto Racing listings in the IPG are incorrect for next weekend.  The IPG shows Formula E racing on TSN4 & TSN5 on Saturday morning May 8th, however, it should show Formula 1 pre-qualifying and Formula 1 qualifying on TSN5 instead of SportsCentre and Formula E.  It's the same sad story most weekends.

I don't know about Rogers, but the IPTV listings on my ISP never changed, even overnight before Qualifying. Since I knew from Zap2it when it was supposed to be on TSN5, I just scheduled SportsCentre and Formula E Racing and was able to record F1 Qualifying.  I guess that's what we'll have to do in the future.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I did the same thing, but scheduled an hour before and 3 hours after SportsCentre to be sure to catch everything in case it ran long. That allowed me to catch pre-qualy as well.

As was the case for you, nothing changed overnight.  What I will never understand is why the information is incorrect in the PVR's IPG but is correct in Anyplace. This holds true for most of the complaints in this thread. They are both designed for Legacy Digital Cable.  I could understand if IgniteTV were different, but don't understand why Digital Cable has two different "guides".

TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to this coming Tuesday, at  9:00 PM, on CTV Sci-Fi, to see what the latest episode of Superman &  Lois would be.  However, instead of Superman & Lois, I see an episode of Lois & Clark, from 1993!  Furthermore, said episode is listed as "New".

Now, how does a  twenty-eight-year-old episode of a show that ended nearly a quarter of a century ago can be considered "new", well beats me!

Geez, Rogers, how can you be so stupid!  You're not even in the correct century this time!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can share your pain.  This and all the other items listed in this thread happen way too much.

@TimMcCree wrote:

Now, how does a  twenty-eight-year-old episode of a show that ended nearly a quarter of a century ago can be considered "new", well beats me!

Believe it or not, what the "new" modifier indicates is that it's the first time that a particular programme is airing on that particular channel, so it could be "new" by that definition, although it probably isn't, just wrong.