IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
help4me
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

SciFi Channel Guide Is Messed Up AGAIN (Sept 28th Onward)

Please be informed that effective Monday, Sept 28th, the SciFi channel's TV Guide is once again incorrect. Please fix immediately.

This problem has occurred at least TWO times in the recent past. As a paying customer the accurate use of the Guide is critical to my being able to record and watch programs on the SciFi channel. Please do not allow this degradation of service to remain unresolved.

P.S.

I have decided to start a new thread to focus on this problem!

Thank you.

hrmckay
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same problem, the SciFi channel (50 on my system, not Ignite) guide is wrong starting next Monday.  It has the same errors as the previous two times it was wrong.  Tickets C157463304, C158254451 were opened for the previous two occurrences.

Hugh

TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't believe it!

In most businesses, heads would be rolling after such incompetence.  Rogers really needs to fire whomever is in charge of the IPG.   Is an accurate guide too much to ask for!?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

1. I do not believe this is the case.  I believe these IPGs come through some sort of intermediary.   If the same information were passed to the end user, then there would be no differences between Ignite, Anyplace and the PVR IPGs, however, there is, as evidenced by Formula One name differences and by the fact that the Tour de France was "TBA" on the PVR IPG and correctly posted on Anyplace (and broadcaster websites). Same for the many examples we've already provided recently in this thread.  If the information were passed to the end user, then these issues would not exist.

I can understand why there might be a difference in the EPG data between Ignite and Digital but I would expect that Digital and Anyplace would be the same.  This is just a guess on my part but I suspect that Rogers is re-processing the EPG data and stripping it down/condensing program descriptions, etc. to accommodate limitations in the older SARA-based set-top boxes and may be introducing other problems in the process.

TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely unacceptable.  For the same problem to keep happening over and over again shows a gross level of incompetence on the part of Rogers. 

As I said, had this happened in most businesses over and over, in a short span of time, heads would roll.  And the same should apply here.  Someone (or someones), at Rogers,  keeps dropping the ball in regards to the IPG.  This person (or persons) needs to be removed and replaced by those that can do the job. 

We pay Rogers every month to deliver the goods.   And, if they can't do so, there are others out there who can.

hrmckay
I Plan to Stick Around

The problem is resolved this morning.  The SciFi channel guide is now correct again.

Hugh

TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

That was quick!

The last two times, it took them a week or more to fix it.  Looks like someone at Rogers is on the ball after all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TimMcCree wrote:  Looks like someone at Rogers is on the ball after all.

I wouldn't all it "on the ball" when the IPG is often incorrect.  It was intimated in post 158 that Rogers passed on the information from the broadcasters, but as I mentioned in post 159, that's simply not the case because we can all look at the Web and see the broadcaster information doesn't line up with what the Rogers IPG shows and that even varies from Rogers Anyplace.  I also wish they'd do a better job.  One only needs to start reading from post 1 of this thread. Not much has changed.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Next Tuesday at 8:30PM is the premiere of 22 Minutes for season 28 on CBC.  The PVR IPG (9865 in my case) incorrectly shows all kinds of (incorrect) programming listings for next Tuesday evening, while Anyplace appears to show the correct information for the evening.

https://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2020/10/06/cbc_television/?t=1601577380429

hrmckay
I Plan to Stick Around

I see the same problem with the Guide for CBC on my system (CBC channel 6, not Ignite).  CBC has new shows starting next Monday and Wednesday and the Guide does not show them, but shows older programs.

Hugh