IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

Checking my scheduled recording for new episodes of Suits yesterday, the description looked suspiciously like last week's episode. this usually happens when there is no new episode, but a rerun, or something else. Indeed, when I checked the IPG, Suits had a generic description, no "New" flag and not flagged to record. However, checking online resources like epguides.com and Zap2it and elsewhere, they all shewed a new episode. So I selected the episode with the generic description to record and it was indeed a new episode, just not flagged. This seems to be happening more lately. I'm done with catching up in ROD, which has become more and more buggy and full of commercials. 

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just a heads up for anyone who watches or has Ransom scheduled for recording
Sat. 16 March, Global does not list it as "New" but CBS does.
I Plan to Stick Around

Had ticket since January 31rst still not fixed. Known issue. Anyone with cable in Ottawa region with cable should be refunded for failure to provide service.
I beleive it is attempt to sell BETA IGNITE that will never run properly until fiber is brought to the door like Bell.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Each year I love to record and watch the Tour de France.  Each year I have to set a single recording every day instead of a series recording for "Tour de France".  This is because the programme title contains the stage number which changes daily, obviously.  Why can't Rogers (and their IPG provider) give us a guide that allows for Series recordings of such an event.  The stage number should be in the description, not in the title.

The same is true for Formula 1, which has the location in the title (on digital cable).

My understanding is that IgniteTV's IPG does this properly? Why can't we with digital cable get a proper guide?  There are, of course, many other issues that are listed in this thread starting at post 1, but this title issue bothers me a lot.

On a side note, last Sunday I had a series recording set up properly for Endeavour on Masterpiece (WNED, PBS, 525, 9PM).  It was listed to be recorded but didn't record (I check my scheduled recordings almost every night when I set up my new recordings).   It had recorded the previous two episodes properly.  There wasn't even a rebroadcast that I could catch. I've deleted the series and set up a single recording for this Sunday, which rarely fails...

I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm currently recording and watching the Tour on my SA8300HD. I see each first airing of each stage called "Tour de France: Stage: [number]" and flagged 'new".  Of course I can't schedule all new episodes to be recorded as a series (SARA doesn't use that term anyway), but if the names were all exactly the same, I could choose to record all "first run", like I do for other shows. I presume that's what you would like to do. To do that, all the stages would have to be named the same. Of course the stage number would need to be in the description to tell them apart. With my SARA IPG I don't see that description until I press INFO, but with Navigatr  (and Ignite?) the description appears for each show selected in the guide. So it appears that the IPG show names are meant to accommodate any STB, even SARA and DTA50.

Another thing.  Races sometimes run long, so you have to go back and extend recordings to be safe even if you could just schedule them as a series for the whole 3 weeks or season.  Even shows with a consistent name can be delayed by sports events running overtime. I record 60 Minutes, but have it set from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm for that reason.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Another thing.  Races sometimes run long, so you have to go back and extend recordings...

Yeah, I'm recording the morning airing of TdF and always extend "live" sporting events by at least an hour.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've been watching (recording) Suits. For the last few episodes the IPG has been showing the episodes with an old date. Tonight's episode is dated 2011, yet it's tagged "new", which it is. Very annoying, but at least it's "new" and will record. Time for Rogers to look into their guide schedule source.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I follow the TV series Suits. For the last 3 weeks the Rogers IPG has shown  "new"  episodes with old dates, which were actually new episodes. but the last one turned out to be another show altogether I didn't even recognize.  Please, Rogers, get your IPG source sorted out so it reflects reality.