IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

More on the post above.  It's now less than 2 days from the Formula E race and qualifying, Saturday morning.  The PVR IPG/Home Edition still don't show the correct information.  AnyplaceTV does have the correct information!

I guess I'll have to check the PVR IPG on Saturday morning and record whatever's on at that time...  Babysitting this PVR daily/weekly is getting to be a real pain.  I don't mind the occasional issue, but every week there's something major that's not right and that's without mentioning all the minor issues listed in earlier posts of this thread.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just like 4 weeks ago, "The Handmaid's Tale", as well as "Hard Sun," are not in the PVR (or Home Edition) IPG for this coming Sunday at 9PM and around 10PM.  I'm hoping that this repetitive oversight will be corrected soon.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/m-p/420986#M46005

As previously, Anyplace TV does have Handmaid's Tale and Hard Sun listed for Sunday evening. Why isn't the PVR IPG and Home Edition properly populated???????

BTW, the Formula E issue (posts above) was never corrected, even just before the event.   I had to set my PVR for "Pinks" at 10AM and record a few hours so that I could record/watch qualifying and the race.  Again, Anyplace was properly populated.  

C'mon Rogers, you've got the data, just put it in the right place!

Hello @57,

As always thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can see on our end that it does not appear to be updated properly either even after a reboot which should force the latest guide info to get pushed to the box. I know how crucial it is to have the IPG updated in order to set your PVR properly. 

I have advised our second level of support of the issue and they advised it should be updated closer to the date of. We'd also like to escalate a Ticket on file so we have a record of the incidents on file which should hopefully prevent these type of issues from recurring as it has in the past. We'll need to pull up your account to send off the Ticket and we can also notify you if we have any updates or require additional information.

Send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can get this taken care of for you. For others who notice incorrect or missing content on the guide and are unfamiliar with our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony :  Thanks for looking into this.  I see that the PVR IPG contains the appropriate information this morning.  Now I just need to wait for my Series recordings to update themselves. I guess that'll happen overnight tonight. If they don't, I'll set single recordings for these programmes this weekend.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have my PVR set to (series) record "The Fourth Estate", but I noticed that there was no recording scheduled for this Sunday when it airs again.  The reason for this is that the name has changed to "The Fourth Estate Ep 102" on my PVR's IPG and on Home Edition.  This should not happen. The name should not change and the episode number should be in the information, not the name/title.

C'mon Rogers, this isn't rocket science. Since you utilize the rather poor "name based recording", the least you could do is ensure that the name of a series doesn't change.

I just checked and the Anyplace TV app (and web) have the correct title. This is growing tiresome. Why can't my PVR show the correct information;  after all, it's there on AnyplaceTV?  Of course, I can't use Anyplace TV to control my PVR like I should be able to... Grrr.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have my PVR set to series record "The Dr. Blake Mysteries" on PBSW.  It usually airs at midnight Thursday.  I noticed this week that it was not in the midnight timeslot, but rather around 12:30.  I therefore set a single recording for the programme before, just in case. Lucky that I did, because Dr. Blake started on the previous programme at midnight.

I don't know why I have to do so much babysitting.  It shouldn't be necessary.  You should be able to set a series recording and it should record, especially if you don't set it as timeslot or new.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This morning I recorded what I thought was the F1 practice. Unfortunately when I went to watch it now, all I got was Tennis and NBA stuff.

Since I missed this, I want to make sure I've got it set properly for Saturday Qualifying, unfortunately, the recording I have set doesn't show the channel - a complaint we've had since Navigatr was thrust upon us.  Also, Rogers has done away with Home Edition, where I used to check the channel, so I'm basically forced to record both channels where it's listed.  I hope one of the channels actually airs the programme.  Again, another instance of an IPG inaccuracy.

Also, I just checked the AnyPlaceTV guide and it looks like it's different from the PVR IPG. This has got to stop Rogers!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the heads-up! I had qualifying and the race both scheduled on TSNH5 (Ch 498) using the IPG last Monday. Now the qualifying recording scheduled has become Sports Centre, and qualifying is actually on TSN3H and TSN4H (Ch 496, 497).  They can't even get the Canadian Grand Prix right until the last minute.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Here we go again. I feel like Charlie Brown.

charlie-brown-football-1.jpg

I started to watch my scheduled recording of the Formula 1 Qualifying this morning from TSN and it was just a load of generic stick-and-ball sports. All I managed to catch was the last few minutes of Q3 live on a different TSN channel.  This has happened  several times before where scheduled F1events on TSN have been switched some time during the week.  I usually check these scheduled recordings against the Guide the night before to confirm, but forgot this time and got fooled again. I realize it's not Rogers fault if TSN changes its mind, but perhaps Rogers could put some pressure on TSN to stop doing it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

NAVGATR Guide Program Info. Thanks for the laugh

Got a huge chuckle out of the info for The Avengers on channel 50 tonight.   Someone can't tell the difference between a slightly camp British Mod era (60s) spy series on ITV and the current Marvel Comics superhero series.    ROFLOL and thank you.