IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersCorey

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

Good morning @RichardF!

Glad you found the humour in this mistake! Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, the incorrect programme information is often shown in the Guide.

A lot of times we get incorrect information from a similarly-named old programme, or simply generic information.  One thing I've noticed a lot recently is that some programming now has "Null" listed for the programme information. For example, Channel 591, DocHD, Wednesday, July 11, 9AM, Joanna Lumley...  Or the 9PM Wednesday programme on the same channel.

Of course, lots of programming is missing information completely... 

The IPG leaves a lot to be desired.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

One thing I've noticed a lot recently is that some programming now has "Null" listed for the programme information. For example, Channel 591, DocHD, Wednesday, July 11, 9AM, Joanna Lumley...  Or the 9PM Wednesday programme on the same channel.

I don't see that currently (6:25 p.m.) in my SARA Guide, but it's likely not the same as the Navigatr Guide.

However, I often use the SARA search function (* button) to find  broadcasts I'm interested in and lately when searching for TOUR (Tour de France) I'm seeing the some of the French channel broadcasts I don't receive coming up with the description "Null".

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have new episodes of Elementary scheduled to record Monday nights on Global at 10:00 p.m. It's recording right now and it says Elementary,  but when I go to watch it, it's something called Salvation. Why? It's not a time slot recording but for new episodes of Elementary. The IPG now says Salvation.  Looks like another last minute switch. 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Once again the Rogers IPG shows incorrect information on Saturday at 8AM on TSN5 for the F1 Qualifying. It shows "Practice" instead of "Pre-Qualification" programme at that time.  The information on TSN's website is correct.  

I guess Rogers and/or their IPG provider can't remember how to do things after F1 taking 4 weeks off for summer break.  Smiley Mad

I and others have reported here many times that the Programme Titles should not contain "info", but rather simply the programme title, so that series recordings work properly. You can't set a series recording if the title changes every week from "F1 Spain" to "F1 Belgium", etc.  Other providers can do this properly, why can't Rogers and their IPG provider?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As a follow up to my previous post, I just had a look at Anyplace and the correct information for Pre-Qualifying shows there. Also, the Race doesn't show the City of the event, just "Formula 1 Racing" for example, allowing for a series recording of F1 races.

Why do we using Navigatr have to put up with inferior and incorrect IPG information?  Why isn't the Navigatr PVR information the same as it is on Anyplace?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm interested in Automobile Rallying.  For example WRC and Canadian Rally Championship.  So, every week I check Anyplace to see if anything is coming up by searching for "Rally".

This week I checked and RDS (which is currently on free preview) has the CRC on Thursday at 1AM, however, I only knew this because I looked it up on my iPad app. If I view Anyplace on my computer, which I'm currently using, the description of the programme is not available - it only says "Rallye",  There is also a "Rallye" on Friday but it does have a description on the computer version.  I have no idea why the app and the computer version cannot contain the same information.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

From your description I did find this rally (in French). As for the free preview,that's news to me. From my spreadsheet of channels I can view with VIP,  that's  a subscription channel for me (Ch 617). I would never have known it was on free preview. Is there some way to get notified when channels are on fer preview?

More to the point, since the demise of Speed Channel, There is very little motorsports available on cable other than NASCAR, IndyCar and F1. You have to subscribe to extra cost channels like beIN Sports.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dr.Dave does a pretty good job of highlighting free previews on various providers over on Digital Home. There are several threads and when a preview is posted for one provider, it's often (but not always) also available on Rogers.  If it's something I don't get and I'm interested in, I check it out on Rogers.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/12-television-industry-channels-providers/211698-national-free-prev...

Rogers have a free preview link, however, it's so often out of date I've not bothered looking there recently:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/free-previews

Hey Rogers, how about updating the free preview link monthly as discussed in the following thread?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Free-Previews/td-p/411335

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

If you scheduled recordings of Formula 1 racing on TSNH5 for Saturday and Sunday earlier in the week, you'll now find that Sunday's race is now Sports Centre and you'll have to reschedule it on TSN3H or TSN4H.