IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

@57 wrote:

Believe it or not, what the "new" modifier indicates is that it's the first time that a particular programme is airing on that particular channel, so it could be "new" by that definition, although it probably isn't, just wrong.

As far as I know, reruns of Lois & Clark have never aired on CTV Sci-Fi (or Space as it was once called), and the channel didn't exist when that show was on.  So it's wrong.

But how can a mistake like this be made in the first place. 

How can anyone with half a brain mistake an episode from a 1993 show for an episode from a 2021 show.     Is finding out the facts about the show too much like work!?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@TimMcCree wrote:

But how can a mistake like this be made in the first place. 

How can anyone with half a brain mistake an episode from a 1993 show for an episode from a 2021 show.     Is finding out the facts about the show too much like work!?

I've been a fan of Heartbeat on TVO for years. It ran on British TV from 1992 to 2010, 18 series, up to 26 episodes each.  On TVO they were all "new" originally, then repeated, but I've seen ones marked "new" that I don't remember seeing and vice versa. TVO's rationale for the "new" modifier isn't consistent. Since it's on at 9 pm on Fridays, repeating at 11 pm, I now just record them all and know soon enough if it's new for me or not. 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

This is a totally different situation.  Because I'm talking about two different shows.

Superman & Lois is the current show, which runs Tuesday nights at 9:00 on CTV Sci-Fi here in Canada and on the CW in the U.S.

Lois & Clark ran on CTV here in Canada and ABC in the U.S.  And this show has been over since 1997.

So how can anyone mistake one of these shows for the other? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And again, the Formula 1 listings are incorrect for Practice Friday, Qualifying Saturday and the Race Sunday.  They are an hour late for each event.

Anyplace has the correct time for the race on Sunday, however, it's incorrect for Practice and Qualy.

Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 Is this on legacy cable only or on Ignite as well? The scheduled times on Ignite match with Zap2It:

Friday FP3 starting at 8:45

Saturday Quali starting at 8:55

Sunday race starting at 7:55

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This thread is regarding Legacy Digital Cable and the Guide on the PVRs. The main "events" for all 3 days start at around 8AM, according to TSN and F1.

https://www.tsn.ca/live/schedule

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2021/Azerbaijan.html

So, the Friday and Saturday times on Rogers are too late to catch the start of the action.  This is the first time I've seen AnyPlace (and IgniteTV according to you) be incorrect.  My issues have always been with the Guide on the Digital Cable PVRs which is often incorrect while AnyPlace has been correct in the past.

Edit - As of this morning, the race is shown at the correct time on the Guide and Anyplace. One other item to mention is that in the past the race has usually aired on TSN5. This week everything is on TSN2. This is obviously a TSN issue, however, I don't understand why they cannot be consistent in their selection of their 5 channels regarding F1.  It's just stupid to move it around all the time when they have 5 channels to choose from.

Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The schedule for all the F1 events on the weekend were corrected sometime last night on Ignite, but is still on channel 2. No action needed by me and all scheduled recording are now accurate.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, AnyPlace is now correct.  The Guide on my PVRs is still incorrect for Friday and Saturday, FP2 and Qualy. Everything is now back to "normal" with the PVR guide being incorrect for some airings and AnyPlace being correct. 😉

I have set my PVR Guide to record SportsCentre which airs before FP2 and Qualy.  I just hope the PVR Guide doesn't change to the correct times as that would mess things up. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

My recording for Qualifying at 8:55 began half-way through Q2, but I'd also scheduled Pre Quali. I see Sportsnet announcing the Race on Sunday for 6:30 am ET, so check your scheduled recordings. I wonder if the guide provider got the time zone wrong.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

TSN had the correct information all week. Rogers corrected IgniteTV andAnyPlace by Thursday and also corrected the Guide information on the Legacy Digital Cable PVRs for the Race. They never corrected the PVR Guides for P2 and Qualy on Legacy Digital Cable, but I always check TSN and F1 Websites and act accordingly - which in this case meant starting recordings early.

I don't know where Rogers get their guide info, but they usually manage to have AnyPlace and IgniteTV correct by the time things air, but often have the Legacy Digital Cable PVR guide incorrect, which I don't understand.

We can only hope that the guide changes coming on June 15 (reported in another thread, link below) correct these problems which have been reported in this thread for years.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Upcoming-Update-Reprogramming-Your-PVR/m-p/481216#M53312