IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

This is getting ridiculous.  I see another thread has been started for various channels (SciFi?).  I'd like to reiterate that:

1. The programme descriptions for TVO are often incorrect, or missing or generic.  This is especially true of the programme "The Agenda" which airs several times a day including 8PM, 11PM, 5AM on TVO.  This hasn't been correct in weeks or longer. I have to go to the TVO website to see what's actually airing (and it's not the programme on bats, which seems to be a Rogers favourite)

2. With the programming changes due to sports changes this week (due to BLM, etc), many of the sports programmes are incorrect, or programmes that were supposed to air are showing some sport like hockey instead.  I understand last minute changes, but some of these are known days in advance and not corrected.

3. Formula One has been well documented in the posts above, but issues remain.

4. TCM was "off" by a day again recently.

When I compare the IPG on my PVR with Anyplace, there are often differences too many to mention.

Groove
I've Been Here Awhile

Further to previously reported issues, have now noticed for the last couple of nights that CTV Sci Fi, HGTV, and Food are all incorrect.  Thankfully I decided to check an online Guide listing and it reminded my that several programs are back today and some new ones are starting tonight. 

Has anyone heard anything useful from Rogers on this issue?

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In addition to the items I already mentioned in post 151, NBC on Saturday at 8AM says TBA. I believe that a Tour de France stage is scheduled for that timeslot and has been for over a week. Why TBA?  Yesterday that timeslot said "No Information".

I hope my TBA recording works...

I've listed a half dozen issues in two recent posts on different channels and that's only for the programming I wish to record that I know is incorrect. As others have mentioned, there are lots of other issues.  C'mon Rogers, lets get an IPG that's useful.

Anyplace shows the Tour de France properly. Why can't the PVR IPG?

@CommunityHelps : Who can I contact to get this fixed?  Are you forwarding this information to the people responsible?  Are you trying to make the digital cable people angry to get them to switch to IgniteTV?

RogersAndy

Hey @57!

I can wholeheartedly appreciate the frustration! For this particular issue I would recommend reaching out to support via Facebook or Twitter at your earliest convenience so a ticket can be logged to notify you when the issue itself has been resolved.

Thank you so much for your patience.

@RogersAndy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersAndy wrote:

...I would recommend reaching out to support via Facebook or Twitter

Thanks for that suggestion, but I don't tweet or FB.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And ..... just to point out, IPG inconsistencies have been a problem for a few years now. Its well beyond time for Facebook or Twitter.  Its well beyond time that the individual who is responsible for managing the interface between Rogers and the data provider is brought into the conversation to:

1.  Bring the years old ongoing issue to his or her attention; and

2.  Ask when this will this be resolved, once and for all.  

If the current data provider can't do the job, its time to go to a provider who will, even if this costs Rogers a few more dollars for accurate and timely data. 

So, what can the moderators do?  Contact the Rogers employee that has oversight responsibility for the IPG contract and data interface and bring him or her into the conversation.  How that happens is up to the moderators.  If that includes Facebook or Twitter, so be it. 

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I agree.  It is time for Rogers to get a handle on these inconsistencies.  

Again today I wanted to record the late afternoon Blue Jays game.  I set it up on the indicated channel before I went out.  On return I sat down to watch and what was recording was sports highlights.  Using the search feature I found the game on a channel that was listed as showing wrestling.   You would think that Rogers would make sure that at least team they own would listed accurately in the guide.  

At least  the search feature is accurate (for now)

RogersTony

Hello Community,

We appreciate you providing us with many examples of the inconsistencies experienced in the IPG for Digital Cable. I know first-hand how frustrating it can be to miss a recording of a favourite program or sports event due to this error.

The content for the IPG is provided from the broadcaster, we do not have any control over this information other than to pass it on to the end-user. If last-minute changes are made by the broadcaster then it is very unlikely we will be able to update the guide in time. For Digital Cable, IPG updates are usually included in the 3 AM updates. If the box is not updating properly due to a signal issue or power issue then the IPG content may not be accurate on the cable box. 

This is an unfortunate limitation on Digital Cable. It is not an issue for Ignite TV because it is an IPTV-based platform and guide updates can come in much faster. Even in real-time which is evident when recording an event that goes on longer than the guide has scheduled, the recording doesn't cut off at the end time in the guide.

Escalation of tickets is the only way to get attention to this matter as we will pass along our findings and feedback to the broadcasters to review. You can reach out to us via any of the customer support channels for technical support or feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony wrote:

1. The content for the IPG is provided from the broadcaster, we do not have any control over this information other than to pass it on to the end-user.

2. If last-minute changes are made by the broadcaster then it is very unlikely we will be able to update the guide in time. For Digital Cable, IPG updates are usually included in the 3 AM updates.

3. If the box is not updating properly due to a signal issue or power issue then the IPG content may not be accurate on the cable box. 

4. Escalation of tickets is the only way to get attention to this matter as we will pass along our findings and feedback to the broadcasters to review. You can reach out to us via any of the customer support channels for technical support or feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps.

@RogersTony :  Here are my comments regarding your post.

1. I do not believe this is the case.  I believe these IPGs come through some sort of intermediary.   If the same information were passed to the end user, then there would be no differences between Ignite, Anyplace and the PVR IPGs, however, there is, as evidenced by Formula One name differences and by the fact that the Tour de France was "TBA" on the PVR IPG and correctly posted on Anyplace (and broadcaster websites). Same for the many examples we've already provided recently in this thread.  If the information were passed to the end user, then these issues would not exist.

2. Yes, last minute changes are understandable, however, what we are complaining about with the PVR IPGs is that there are differences that are often a week old or more. 

3. It's not a signal issue because the rest of the IPG gets updated (daily) in the early morning, but the incorrect data remains in the PVR IPG.  A signal issue doesn't affect an entire single channel like SciFi for example where for several days incorrect (old) information was displayed on the PVR IPG.  Same holds true for TVO's "The Agenda", where old information is often displayed for months on end.

4. Why do we need to do a separate communication?  The last few pages of this thread highlight the problems and these could be forwarded to the appropriate (Rogers or Intermediary) people.  This has nothing to do with the broadcasters, because we can look at the broadcaster information, compare it to the PVR IPG and the PVR IPG is incorrect and is different from Anyplace, which is different from Ignite!!

TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

You have got to be kidding!

It's happening AGAIN on the listings for the Investigation Discovery channel.  Generic descriptions, the wrong shows being listed, in short the same old problem!

This is the third time in two months this has happened.  I mean with the money I pay these clowns every month, is it too much to ask for an accurate guide!? 

Seriously, Rogers, fire whomever is in charge of the guide, because they keep dropping the ball.