IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

TVO info is now populated for me on Navigatr and AnyPlace. Thanks Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When using AnyPlace (computer browser web interface or iPad app) there  is currently no information at all in the grid view beyond Friday evening for me. Saturday and Sunday, which should be showing, are totally blank in the IPG Grid in AnyPlace.

The IPG on my PVRs is fine

I can  search for, and find, programming that is on Saturday or Sunday in AnyPlace, but the grid is empty in AnyPlace.

Rogers, Please Fix.  Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The grid is back on AnyPlace.  Thanks Rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is helpful background. However, it sounds more like a jalopy than a smooth functioning machine. The mild surprise is the is a very human factor problem in our high tech era.  Essentially it sounds like a glitch caused by gaps in data and software inability to provide alternative ways to recored. The workarounds such as time based recording that you mention sound promising to me, but probably would require the the manufacturer of the Nextbox revise the operating software to handle it. I suspect all the cable companies and their some of their customers have this aggregator headache with that technology. I would think that alternative services such as Bell's Fibe would  have the same problem on the data side, but I am wondering if their boxes come with more robust software that provides solutions to the gaps in name-based recording. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I noticed that the Dakar rally will be broadcast on SN1 starting Sunday at 12:30PM and then at 2AM on the following days.

I tried to set a series recording (all times, all days), however, the series would only ever show one episode.  I had to eventually set a single recording for each day.

On the new Chrome/Web/computer guide, the guide doesn't go beyond this evening at around 11:30PM for any of the SportsNet channels (Channels 502, etc. as well as some other channels) and is essentially useless as I have reported in various threads here.

Edit - I deleted all my set recordings for Dakar and then I tried a reboot after my recording of Daily Planet stopped, but that didn't change anything.  Series recordings don't work for Dakar for some reason, despite the fact that the title seems to be the same each day, unlike in previous years when the title often changed.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the reminder. I was able to schedule Dakar Rally  "All Episodes This Channel"  on my 8300 PVR no problem.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, scheduling of series is sometimes weird with Navigatr. For example, last night I had set a bunch of single recordings and one as a series (just to test). That one series must have picked up next Thursday's airing  overnight because it was in the scheduled list this morning.  So, I thought I'd delete all the singles and re-do a series, but again, it only showed one programme to be recorded.  Perhaps by tomorrow it'll pick up next Friday's airing...  😉

When I set up a series recording (all times, all days), if I try to set up "another" series recording (all times all days) on say the Tuesday airing instead of the Monday airing, it won't let me because it says it's already scheduled, even though it doesn't show in the scheduled recordings list, nor is there a "red dot" in the guide indicating a scheduled recording.  The series doesn't show in my iPad app either, only the one recording (scheduled as a series).  I tried setting from the iPad app and the PVR - no difference.

This has happened to me in the past as indicated in earlier posts of this thread, but most times it works properly.  I have no idea why certain programming is problematical like this.

I'm a Senior Advisor

A couple of days ago I posted this in the ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE thread

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/ROGERS-FIX-YOUR-GUIDE/m-p/413915#M44790

Well now that Zap2it has changed to a new URL and format, I no longer see Jay Leno's Garage at 10:00 p.m. on Thursday there either.  It's now at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday (Ch 79 or 184).

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Another thing to pay attention to in the Rogers guide is, if a new program is shown on more than one channel it may not be marked new on each channel. ie: Criminal Minds is shown on CTV and also on CBS but for next week, only CBS has the "NEW" tag. There have been other incidents as well. So, if you have a show set to record as a series, you may want to double check the guide.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The IndyCar race for next weekend (Sunday, 4PM on SN 503), is only scheduled for one hour.  My guess is it should be longer than that. Edit - I went to the SN360 website and they had the race from 4-7PM, which is more like it. Looks like this is a Rogers issue...

I was attempting to schedule my recordings for the F1 race and qualifying next weekend, however, on Home Edition the major events were "blank", while the pre/post programmes were there.  I went to my PVR and was able to schedule qualifying and the race from there.