IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

User14 ,

That's the problem I was having. No weather.no ROD   no Call Display and on channel 975 it said not authorized.Do you have any of those?See molly222 for having the same problems.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@yyz64 wrote:

User14 ,

That's the problem I was having. No weather.no ROD   no Call Display and on channel 975 it said not authorized.Do you have any of those?See molly222 for having the same problems.

It is difficult to figure out what goes under "interactive program guide (IPG)" issues and what are "Navigatr" software issues and NB3 factory software issues.

I figured button D  on  button D off (rather than exit) would be a good IPG improvement recommendation. The fact that I don't get the weather with button D should have probably gone under the "Navigatr"  issue.  

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

4.  I have a scheduled series recording for "Edwardian Farm" on TVO 2AM Tuesday.  The Navigatr IPG shows the programme as "Wartime Farm" with the description for an Edwardian Farm episode.  On AnyPlace or RAPTV it shows as "Edwardian Farm".  If I hadn't noticed, I would have missed recording it on my PVR due to a totally incorrect title on the 9865 IPG.

We recorded a TVO program titled and recorded as "Canada Over the Edge" about the Haida Guaii but it turned out to be a program called  "The Great Canadian Tax Dodge"  about Canadian companies using off shore accounts to reduce their taxes. Interesting, but not the program we thought we had taped.

I believe this is related to IPG Item 4. above.  The IPG sometimes does not reflect the stations actual programming and the recording you wanted is missed.

It could simply be a TVO problem, but just another glitch in the life of a Rogers client.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Another good on/off feature would be with the LIST button.Again if you just say wanted to see what you had recorded it would be nice to push LIST to access it and press it again to exit.These are simple but user friendly functionality. It wouldn'thave taken much in the way of "testing" to make this a better user experience.Which I guess as customers we are,just with the ability to also pay for the privilege.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm currently in a time-zone that's 6 hours ahead of Toronto.  When I try to use my iPad to look at the IPG, the IPG incorrectly reports the day - for example - Monday instead of Sunday, etc.

Since I also have my laptop, where I didn't bother changing the time, I'm using AnyPlace/Web on it instead, since the IPG makes sense on it.

Since I couldn't be sure that setting the recordings using the iPad would correct properly in RAPTV, I'm using my Laptop as mentioned above.  I have no idea why the IPG is "off" since it shouldn't really care where I am in the world - it should simply show the correct day as it is in Toronto.  Why the time of my iPad throws it off is beyond me.

I don't recall this happening in my previous travels. This is something new, perhaps again related to Navigatr, or bad RAPTV/AnyPlace programming.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As reported in the post above, RAPTV on my iPad is returning incorrect information for the day in the IPG - it reports say Wednesday instead of Tuesday in the Guide.  This appears to be because my time-zone is "off" by 6 hours, but that shouldn't matter since the programme should return data based on Toronto time, irrespective of where I am in the world.

I just logged into Toronto Hydro's PowerLens website and it does the same thing.  It provides me all the graphical date for my hourly use, but it does so for the incorrect day - shows Friday's data as Saturday.  Interestingly, it reports the daily use properly, only the hourly use is incorrect.

Also, when I log in using my computer the PowerLens data/Rogers Guide is correct.  Must be a similar programming error on the iPad interface for Rogers and Toronto Hydro.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

As reported in the post above, RAPTV on my iPad is returning incorrect information for the day in the IPG - it reports say Wednesday instead of Tuesday in the Guide.  This appears to be because my time-zone is "off" by 6 hours, but that shouldn't matter since the programme should return data based on Toronto time, irrespective of where I am in the world.

I just logged into Toronto Hydro's PowerLens website and it does the same thing.  It provides me all the graphical date for my hourly use, but it does so for the incorrect day - shows Friday's data as Saturday.  Interestingly, it reports the daily use properly, only the hourly use is incorrect.

Also, when I log in using my computer the PowerLens data/Rogers Guide is correct.  Must be a similar programming error on the iPad interface for Rogers and Toronto Hydro.

I just returned from a country which is 5 hours ahead of Canada.

When I tried to access the Rogers IPG on my ipad Home Edition app. the channels were all listed along the side but all the programming information was blank. When I changed the ipad settings for Date and Time to Toronto and Language and Region back to Canada, all the programming information was restored to the app.

I Plan to Stick Around

If the mods are reading this. I noticed that Monday at 10pm's Lifetime's series "UnReal" doesn't have the right episode description. It has a description of some other show, so the cover art isn't showing up right either.

Oddly the repeat of the episode on A&E, a different network DOES have the right episode description so it's getting the right cover art.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Checked AnyPlace on my iPad and on my Computer/Browser. Currently all scheduled recordings show as "manual recording" for Saturday July 9th and Sunday, July 10th. This makes it very difficult to check recordings.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I see the same thing here. Normally the RAPTV web app has been the easiest and most reliable way to schedule recordings, but this morning when I tried scheduling the British Grand Prix Qualifying and Race, its search only came up with the Practice. The PVR search was no better, only finding the Practice on 407. I finally had to go to 407 in the IPG and found Qualifying on Saturday on 407, then the Race on Sunday on 498. After scheduling them on the PVR, they only appear as manual recordings on RAPTV.

I usually get these "manual recordings" when I schedule a show 7 days out and the Guide only shows 6 days out, but I see a lot of the on RAPTV not even that far out.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario