IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

I really dislike this CF setup.
I click on the email link and it takes me right to your post birth when I hit Reply it forces me to sign-in and drop me somewhere else or make the sign-in very laborious.
THERE HAS TO BE AN EASIER WAY!

Ranting aside, yes, tried voice approach.
The problem with golf is what I want to see is immediately after the commercial.

It would be nice to know Rogers of working on s solution. Wishful thinking.

Someone is going to make a lot of money if they can find an easy to skip just the ads!

So, far, not a lot of people are voicing concern about poor recordings forward/rewind functionality.
It actually seems to be getting worse.

I'm Here A Lot

I have recently switched from Cable/Digital to Ignite TV.  Everyone in the house loves it because they have TV's, Tablets and Smart phones that they view it on.   I unfortunately use my laptop for all my TV viewing, and I hate Ignite with a passion.  I seldom lost internet connection prior to Ignite, but now I lose it every 3 - 5 minutes for a couple of hours, then it is fine for a couple of hours, then back to losing it constantly, this goes continuously day and night.  Yes the other items all lose connection a few times a day but most of the users in the house do not even notice it dropped.  The speed of the internet is amazing when it works.  The technician was here, checked everything out, and came up with a clean bill of health, reason I lose connection all the time is Ignite is a new product and going through growing pains.  Since I pay the Rogers bill there will be a mutiny in this household, when I finally say enough is enough we are going back to Cable/Digital.   Rogers does need to find out why the internet is dropping constantly, and find a fix for it, because I have noticed I am not the only one with this problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is too intriguing to not inquire. 

I am optimistic that once you get thru this concern, you will find Ignite to be very good. 

You have probably done the analysis but does your laptop have an up to date wireless driver?

Have you tried any other laptop or desktop via the same access?

I am curious about the final resolution. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As I mentioned in another thread.. there are lots of parts to these equations.

A) If it was set up properly.   Is the signal at the house actually good.  It could be causing issues.
B) Wireless quality.  As we all know almost all these all in one modems, are not great (at all the companies).  It could be causing lots of issues.  (one reason why they are offering the Eero stuff now).

C) wondering if any of this is potentially modem specific related?
On the Arris vs the Technicolor.   If these issues are stemming from a particular modem/firmware.

I'm Here A Lot

Signed up with ignite a month ago and I dislike the fast forward/rewind function so much that I'm switching back next week and I guess I'll have to move my landline over to Bell. I was originally going to deal with it, but now every night at 10 pm EST the image freezes, sound cuts out and I get booted out of my recording and forced to watch it on demand with 7 commercials during each break
I Plan to Stick Around

I was with you until the 10pm comment.
Fw/Fw is a problem with Ignite and it may be extremely difficult for Rogers technical expertise to enhance.
Let me be exact, if it doesn't work (aka ff stop exactly), I advocate everyone force a return to PVR harddrives of yesteryear.
However easy to say but hard to do...at Rogers.
They are attractively encouraging all customers to move to Ignite...with the extteme difficulty of returning to before.

Deja vu....

I'm Here A Lot

It's ridiculous. I spend every night clenching my jaw as I fast forward and rewind a dozen times in one show. Have you noticed a difference with a paused live show? I just tried it out and it was MUCH easier; so what's the difference?
I'm getting a technician in tomorrow, but otherwise I'm out; maybe I'll try again in a couple years
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jasygirl2000 wrote:
It's ridiculous. I spend every night clenching my jaw as I fast forward and rewind a dozen times in one show. Have you noticed a difference with a paused live show? I just tried it out and it was MUCH easier; so what's the difference?
I'm getting a technician in tomorrow, but otherwise I'm out; maybe I'll try again in a couple years

I hope you get the "Magical" technician that can fix your issue :-)

Been there done that. You call support they tell you same basic stuff.

When you start questioning them, they set up technician to come over.

Technician show up and check your signal level and tell you there is nothing he can do !!!

Way to go Rogers.

Honestly I don't know why I'm still with this company

I Plan to Stick Around

Beleive it or not if you have digital the guide is not being updated properly. Same game as usual the old boxes are even less responsive. The Netbox I have has a complete mind of its own have to keep resetting series to record. The game is to somehow get everyone to change to ignite which needs to run on fiber not coaxil. Will see I had instalation fees waived for Ignite still did not fall for being in the Beta stage of this new service. A product that sells itself does not need the millions they are spending on promotions. I am sure I have been watching Rogers since 73 in Kitchener but Ignite is turning out to be the same lemon as Home monitoring. It was a nightmare when it came out.
I'm Here A Lot

Got a call from the technician, turns out he was in a city 3 hours away and couldn't find my address, so I cancelled. Now i just have to decide if reverting back in possible, or if Bell fibe is the way to go
Topic Stats