IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

I actually changed to Ignite TV and i am very unhappy. Want to change it back to the old way but was told when i talked to them at first that once you switched we would not be able to go back and by early 2020 Rogers will have everyone on IGNITE. Rogers needs to get this system working better
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if my comments will help but check a few posts on Ignite installation and then contact your concierge (or call the billing supp number) and enquire about specific problems (not shortcomings).
I went thru the install process and was very exacting about what I expected and reviewed all the work. After a couple of weeks, I got more than expected and saved $40/mo.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'd like to also share my experiences since I got Ignite TV a few weeks ago. Although there are many things that are good about it, There are some things that are driving me nuts. I'm even thinking of cancelling it.

Forward/Rewind: Use this a lot because who likes to watch commercials. Probably use this button more than any others on the remote. It absolutely sucks with Ignite. It never stops once you let go of the button and press play. Makes it very hard to fast forward and stop where you want. You then have to slowly go forward or backward to get where you want. Very time consuming and frustrating. I hate it.

Also one of my taped shows I was watching didn't allow to fast forward the commercials????????????? It said this program does not allow that function.

Picture: Now I'm experiencing the audio cuts out for a couple of seconds?? . . You could miss a key thing someone is saying in the program. You are left guessing.

I Plan to Stick Around

Now I am getting more than a bit annoyed. 

I share your concern.

I am very annoyed when I cannot advance thru a commercial...I really dislike not being in control during a recording.

Before Ignite, I managed to develop a good technique for advancing and timing to correctly bypass those many annoying commercials.

We need to collectively make sure Rogers focuses on making Ignite more reliable.

Ignite users need to contact tech supp and request action...and place updates on this forum...soon...

Hey @pepsilover!

Audio intermittency can definitely take away from the IgniteTV experience! This can often be caused by either a signal issue to the home or to even a WiFi connection issue to the Ignite TV box. Tech support can take a look and see what's happening though so I'd definitely recommend reaching out either via phone, live chat or us here at @CommunityHelps to review! For more information on our private messaging system you can check out our Blog.

@RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

Not a fan of PM, as useful information is then not available to other CF users.
I have had tech upp look over my setup twice and say everything is ok.
Hopefully, others will voice the same concern in the CF and that should prompt Rogers action.
I'll give it a month (in Florida) and then pursue with tech supp again.

If anyone reading this post has the same problem, pls make the community aware and contact tech sup.
I Plan to Stick Around

@pepsilover , @cwrb 

Have you tried using the voice assistant on the remote for fast forwarding. My wife and I use it all the time when watching shows. Just press the button and say “Fast forward 3 minutes.” This is usually pretty close to the amount of time for commercials. No more fiddling with buttons.

(edit - Tagged users - RogersTony)

I've Been Here Awhile

Never even knew you could do that. I'll give it a try. Thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

No problem. You can specify it down to the number of seconds if you want, just watch as sometimes it doesn’t hear exactly what you said. When saying “two and a half minutes” it will usually do a search for two and a half men. “Two minutes thirty seconds” works well.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cwrb wrote:
Not a fan of PM, as useful information is then not available to other CF users.

PMs are utilized once an item has been discussed in the forum and then the @CommunityHelps people need confidential information regarding your specific account, like account number, exact name, etc.  so that they can address your issue.

Of course, PMs can also be utilized when you don't wish to discuss an item in public.