Thank you for being honest. I have to pay more to Rogers to keep my digital service now because they want everyone to switch to ignite. I've heard nothing good. This made me trust myself and my choice.
This is to inform you that I regretfully am canceling my Rogers membership after more than 30 years, and thought it apt and fair to communicate fully with you on this matter. I will be happy to enumerate the reasons why this is happening, but to summarize the main reasons : cost, especially when I am paying for numerous things I do not need nor use. The flexibility to save money by doing the following options - i.e. for cost saving - just are not available with Rogers service, at least now that I have Ignite:
- eliminate the land line phone;
- less speed on my modem, maybe even less b/width : I am a single user, never play computer games and practically never use two devices simultaneously; I don't stream very often
- fewer channels : I want the Canada and U.S. conventional networks, plus news and sports. HBO, to your credit, seems to be equally expensive regardless of where I subscribe (online or TV)
Additionally are the following factors:
- feeling trapped and deceived : when I was sold on Ignite by one of your co-workers - who was very polite and professional by the way - she told me I would retain ALL the channels that I then currently had. This was simply not true - I lost Space and you eliminated all the GTA radio stations. And, I have been informed that there is no going back, i.e. once you go with Ignite you can't go back to e.g. just cable service again.
- on a lesser note, the system has more bugs and has to be rebooted more often than any in the past. This is not as much a big deal, as I realize your product will mature.
The good news is I'm probably going with Fido for internet, for at least the next year - assuming no problems, which is I think is a reasonable assumption since they are a division of Rogers and thus have quality service. Also, I hold stock in Rogers and not planning on selling it, so I haven't lost confidence in the company. It's just a question of "dollars and sense".
I want to leave on good terms, and leave open the possibility of being a return customer in the future.
It's really disappointing to hear that you are deciding to cancel your services after being with us for over 30 years. 😞
We'd really like the opportunity to try to make this right for you as we would hate to lose you as a customer after such a long time. While we cannot make any promises we will do our best to try to find you a deal for services that fits your needs and budget.
Please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your info and take a closer look at this for you. Not familiar with our Private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.
We look forward to your response and thanks so much for providing us with your feedback.