IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

While the guys on here will often forward stuff here to tech support.. this isnt a conduit for that.
Really need to keep calling in and reporting it.

I dont think the late night issue is a speed, or something like that issue.
I think its a server issue.  Its something back side.  
Like that it cant handle enough connections at one time so its choking on that end.

Good morning!

I would just like to add and reiterate that we are tech support, as well as forum mods. We wear many hats and we are fully trained in multiple skillsets. 

If you have technical issues that you cannot resolve through troubleshooting with your fellow Community members, you can always PM us directly @CommunityHelps for support. If a ticket needs to be escalated for further investigation, we can do that, just like tech support would over the phone.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thx Corey.
I have been waiting a while to understand the connection of CF and tech supp.

When not directly associated with an Ignite install, can the CF moderators communicate this connection directly to the troubled user when a concern is registered on the CF?

Something like "your concern should be discuss with tech supp via a PM @CommunityHelps".

All levels of customer communication for Rogers products need to be understood by their valued customers.
The more and easier the communication, the better the bottom line for any company.

Conversely , the less the effective communication, the more the customers feel less important and suspicious the company is trying to hide things.

Hello @cwrb,

Understanding all of the available support channels you can use to reach out to us is definitely important. I know not everyone enjoys having to call in for support with your services, I know I certainly do not!

To help with your understanding we are able to assist with most, if not all, technical support concerns here in the Community. In many cases, we will need to gather your personal information to access your file so a Private Message will need to be sent to @CommunityHelps.

The Community is not the same platform as Live Chat so it could take a bit longer to receive a response to specific concerns so we recommend reaching out via Live Chat or Twitter or Facebook if your concern is urgent.

I hope this helps clear things up for you!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Tony, this response is annoying me.
Rogers needs to implement a CF system to be used by ALL customers.
Divide and conquer is no longer viable.

For Ignite installations, you (Rogers) needs to explicitly define how customers connect with a resolution.
This is difficult but mandatory ... imo.
This may be revolutionary but is it possible Rogers can use CF a conduit to directing a customer to more comprehensive support (problem resolution) or just suggestions to how they may improve the quality of their service??

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am ingreement with @cwrb   Yes, there are many support channels available - phone, escalation routines, different departments, chat, leaving online messages for return in a couple of days, call backs, community helps, discussion and peer support Facebook, Twitter.

It is great that each person can work at the level they most prefer - me I prefer phone - old school, complimented with chat and written material.  My best way to work is actually face to face with paper in front of me, but that is a touch one to find these days.

But the point of a centralized Issue logging system whereby each person is provided an issue number that allows them to see the original issue, discussions and decisions and status - you find this in almost all corporate IT enviroments - No company could afford the amount of duplication of interaction between staff.  I would hope that Rogers has an internal system of this nature - it is not hard to open it out to customers.

You open it at two levels - first level is to see the status of our issues - we shouldn't have to be waiting for call backs, texts, etc, where often we are just told issue resolved and we are left phoning back, because they never confirmed with us whether it is or not.  If it turns out they can't find an issue, but customer has issue, then since all support is supposed to be customer focussed, the issue is not closed, you keep working with it, and if unsatisfied, the customer,or even the tech escalates to a level that can work with it.

Second level is a search engine of reported issues in the system - frequency, duration to completion, and results.  These can be identified as a small issue (define - say under 100 people in amonth across broad areas), etc.  Then people can see what is going on and direct calls to speak to common isssues and all staff can be in the loop, just by using these same tools.  It is the only way of integrating all the communication.

I beg to differ on the forum thought - all new issues, sure try a discussion with others - they may have an answer, but it is my opinion that a concern form should be submitted on every issue (oropportunity to do so on standard form), and you can mark it resolved and thread that supported you - that improves the support dtabase.

I will acknowledge that great strides have been made in the self help support docs, but a lot of work is necessary still in the coordination of issues and concerns between departments.

Just my opinion.

Think of it as the old concept of ISO quality improvement and ensurance programs.  Wonder if Rogers is ISO approved - the last public documentation I found was on sustatinability in 2010, so it doesn't appear that it is high profile.

Onward and upward I hope.

Bruce

I've Been Around

Well this is all very interesting.

Today Rogers called me and said I would be losing my discounts next month. If I want to keep my current setup with cable, it will cost me over $100/mth more. OR, I can switch to Ignite for only $30 more per month. I don't want to pay more at all. In fact, Rogers has been bumping up my bill at little each month for a year. I'm tired of it - I want to pay less for this "luxury" I'm looking at alternatives to Rogers altogether. Very disappointing at the gouging going on.

Any suggestions? Apple TV, Fibe, Bell?

I Plan to Stick Around

Don't give up yet.

If you read some of my posts, you will see opportunity to get very good speed, good home phone, and very good selection of channels, and a voice controlled remote...for less than you are paying more.
It is called Ignite 150 and covers everything except your cell phones.
I am paying $40 less per month and really enjoying all aspects except fast forward / fast rewind.
Do the research and be sure your installer shows you everything he does and confirms the internet speed.

Rogers support is very good and should respond to any installation concerns promptly.

As I indicated, read the installation posts to prepare yourself.

Also, be aware, you may not be able to convert back to what you had.

Let this community forum know your experiences, if you do decide to proceed.
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree with you about fast forwarding being hard to control. Had Source Cable for over 25 years (now bought out by Rogers) and never had a minutes trouble. This is my 3rd day with Ignite and fast forward locked up the first time I went to watch a recorded show. Called tech support and they are looking into it, but this lousy fast forwarding issue is most annoying. You miss parts of the show because you can't stop it in a precise point. The wife hates it. We'll see.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@cwrb wrote:
Don't give up yet.

If you read some of my posts, you will see opportunity to get very good speed, good home phone, and very good selection of channels, and a voice controlled remote...for less than you are paying more.
It is called Ignite 150 and covers everything except your cell phones.
I am paying $40 less per month and really enjoying all aspects except fast forward / fast rewind.
Do the research and be sure your installer shows you everything he does and confirms the internet speed.

Rogers support is very good and should respond to any installation concerns promptly.

As I indicated, read the installation posts to prepare yourself.

Also, be aware, you may not be able to convert back to what you had.

Let this community forum know your experiences, if you do decide to proceed.

After reading this thread, I was NOT left with a good impression about going with Ignite on Rogers or  Fibe with Bell. We seem to be going through another technological phase whereby TV shows are streamed from the cloud and we pay to have them streamed to us but you will have to watch commercials.  It seems this is basically where everyone is being forced to go with the ISPs like Bell and Rogers/Comcast? 

So why would you recommend Ignite 150 with all these problems? 

I am also paying $120 for the old VIP package on my TV alone. (see below)

If I can get all TV programs on ROD  plus movies on the GIGABIT package for $105 + Tx, what point am I missing here?  Is Internet and TV media being combined into one package using one Ignite box??

Ignite.jpg

My costs at the moment.

Costs 2019.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 : What you have posted is the Internet (only) prices. What you need to click on is the Ignite Bundle package. If you don't need more than 150 mbps, there is no need to get it from an operational standpoint.

I believe you may also be hinting that you think everything is streaming. It's not.  You can PVR programmes just like before, but the recordings exist in the cloud instead of on the iHDD of your own PVR. Looks like you need to do some more research.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats