IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Hey @Jasygirl2000,

I'm really disappointed to hear that this has been your experience with Ignite TV so far. It's mind-boggling that the tech ended up in a location 3 hours away! I wonder what went wrong!?! 🤔

If it's not too late, we'd love to chat with you via Private Message @CommunityHelps to see if we can get a new appointment booked for you ASAP for Ignite TV service. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure going private is in the best interest of Ignite customers.
I would suggest this customer request tech again and ensure the right things are completed and shared with her.
Then she should share with this forum.
There is a lot of added value with an Ignite install, IMO.
BIT THE CUSTOMER MUST INVEST THEIR TIME CORRECTLY.
The bottom line becomes - is it worth the personal investment.
I'm Here A Lot

I spoke with a Roger's person in store today and I'm going to contact my concierge to see what they say about the issue and how much it will cost to switch back. If that's cost efficient, then i guess I either stick with ignite or find another company to go with
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cwrb wrote:
Not sure going private is in the best interest of Ignite customers.
I would suggest this customer request tech again and ensure the right things are completed and shared with her.
Then she should share with this forum.
There is a lot of added value with an Ignite install, IMO.
BIT THE CUSTOMER MUST INVEST THEIR TIME CORRECTLY.
The bottom line becomes - is it worth the personal investment.

Just a note.. they would not be going private to hide anything.

For them to look up the customers account information, etc.. they need to get those details from the user.
And I am sure the user doesnt want to post all that detail out here on the forum Smiley Happy

I'm Here A Lot

My laptop is totally updated, I have taken out all the Network adapters twice and reinstalled.  I have taken advice from people about disabling the WAN Miniport IPv6 (this has helped a lot I am not losing connection as much. )  The connection loss is for everything in the house but not as often as my laptop.  The other thing I finally noticed is  that I was losing connection every 5 minutes only when I used the Ignite TV on demand to watch my programs.  Since I have stopped using that site I lose connection about 6 - 7 times a day instead of minutes.   Now I DO NOT get to enjoy all the shows I love to watch, but the headaches of taking 2 hours to watch an hour show is gone.    I still would not recommend to anyone to switch from Digital/Cable over to Ignite.   

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Obviously there are still a lot of stuff to work out with the system.. each piece of hardware, etc..
But again i dont want to make people think that EVERY ignite customer is experiencing this..

Most of the issues mentioned on here.. outside of late evening playback quality issues, I myself am not having.
And I dont have any sort of weird setup.  I am using the rogers modem, the Eero wireless units, etc.
Not saying its on the end users side..
But would be nice to narrow down if these are issues stemming from particular hardware (Arris vs technicolor modem), technician set faults (not proper signal, other setup issues, etc)

I Plan to Stick Around

I also find my PVR is lousy at after 8 pm.  The sound will work but the screen freezes.  Or I get a black screen with no sound for 2 seconds a few times a show. The shows also keep alternating between SD and HD every 10 seconds and the fast forwarding is hit and miss.  I usually end up too far ahead and have to use the 15-second return button a few times to get back.  I have 2 boxes on wifi and 1 is hardwired to the modem 6 inches away.  I have repeatedly powered down the boxes and modem but night time PRV TV is frustrating to watch.  Now having said that, the live tv is perfect any time of the day but you get commercials.  I am on the 150 plan and all my wireless devices are showing between 150-200 Mbps anywhere in the house even at night.  Maybe I should bump it up to 500? I wonder if the Rogers PVR servers are overwhelmed at night? I don't know.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@pitfall21 wrote:

I also find my PVR is lousy at after 8 pm.  The sound will work but the screen freezes.  Or I get a black screen with no sound for 2 seconds a few times a show. The shows also keep alternating between SD and HD every 10 seconds and the fast forwarding is hit and miss.  I usually end up too far ahead and have to use the 15-second return button a few times to get back.  I have 2 boxes on wifi and 1 is hardwired to the modem 6 inches away.  I have repeatedly powered down the boxes and modem but night time PRV TV is frustrating to watch.  Now having said that, the live tv is perfect any time of the day but you get commercials.  I am on the 150 plan and all my wireless devices are showing between 150-200 Mbps anywhere in the house even at night.  Maybe I should bump it up to 500? I wonder if the Rogers PVR servers are overwhelmed at night? I don't know.  

I'm on gigabit and have all these issues :-(

I Plan to Stick Around

These problems won't go away without Rogers tech analysis.

The number of affected customers may be quite large.

Most customers don't know or don't use the Customer Forum.

This forum needs to be a conduit to tech support.
How can we encourage that to happen?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While the guys on here will often forward stuff here to tech support.. this isnt a conduit for that.
Really need to keep calling in and reporting it.

I dont think the late night issue is a speed, or something like that issue.
I think its a server issue.  Its something back side.  
Like that it cant handle enough connections at one time so its choking on that end.