IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Had ignite since october. Love it! No problems whatsoever except an issue with one of the boxes rebooting. Turned out it was faulty and rogers switched it next day.

Just today was in the mood to watch an adult 4 U movie. Couldnt find one anywhere in the guide. Thought maybe it was something we didnt enable so went online to adjust or swap in channels. Couldnt find any channels or theme packs for that. Finally got into a chat online to ask about it and was told ignite currently doesnt offer any adult content. Imagine my surprise. Clearly I've had the service for 3 months and this only came up now so obviously its not something we order very often but thought i should mention it on this forum for those who do watch a lot of adult content. Nobody told us this would not be available, and i did ask if there was anything we would lose. I am annoyed at this realization. I feel it was misrepresented.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't follow the Ingnite TV stuff closely since I don't plan on getting it, but I think I read it does not have parental controls. In that case it would be irresponsible to offer adult content until controls are implemented.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

It has parental controls
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite not a win...

Originally when ignite was installed, I loved it. Everything worked great and it seemed like a win. However, a week in and we are more than annoyed.

Emails were not transferred properly and while the fix was quick, I lost business and a number of important emails that couldn’t be sent during the few days where my email was inaccessible.

Anyplace TV app needs to be replaced with Ignite App... nobody bothered to mention this. A number of channels do not work on the app and state that I have to be within range of my home wifi... which I am. Never a problem with anyplace tv.

Constant signal disruptions. First three days no wifi drops, steaming was perfect. No problems with picture quality. However, since day 4 we are constantly losing our wifi signal and therefore ignite tv and phone don’t work. The issue is obviously either the line or the router - which I’ve reset, more than once... signal is constantly fluctuating.

So now I need to contact ignite... again... probably get a tech in. It’s just time I don’t have. I’m gonna see what can be done to fix issues with signal and then give it a few days. But really, I may just cancel this altogether. Either switch back or see what competitors have to offer.

Super frustrating...

I've Been Here Awhile

My current Digital savings plan are about to expire and I was surprised to start getting calls from Rogers to discuss new savings. I guess they want to push me towards Ignite, since when does Retention's ever want to talk to you Smiley Wink

The stories are really putting me off Ignite for now, please answer this:

Does the Ignite box allow for wired Ethernet connectivity or is it only over WiFi?

The technical issues and user interface changes would sit well with the non-technical members of the household.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

All my 3 TV boxes are connected via Ethernet cable.
It works fine as long as Rogers ignite TB is up and running from their server.
To be honest with you I don’t like/trust wireless tv soesislly when you are watching 4K channels...
I've Been Here Awhile

We just recently switched to ignite and the PQ is definetly not what I expected ( very disapointing ) Its very dull, washed out and I wanna say blotchy. I especially notice in the skin tones. Its night and day compared to the cable. Have you switched back? Or have you had any resolve with the PQ? Also, I have tried it with an ethernet cable and it actually looked a bit worse....
I've Been Here Awhile

Just finished Bell installation 1/2 hour ago.
Picture quality compared to Ignite is amazing, and to be honest with you, even if it's not that great, I'd love with it FOR $200+/MONTH CHEAPER!!!!! You pay $350 to Rogers and you expect quality, stability, and respect for you as a customer, and you get none of that - quite contrary... But now, even if the signal drops every now and then, if the modem acts up and churns like a locomotive, even if the customer service calls you names, I don't care for $125/ month (and that's WITH the movie package).
Goodbye Rogers.
I've Been Here Awhile

Im pretty much convinced the poor PQ ( picture quality ) is the boxes. The netflix app through ignite is poor also. The netflix app in the smart tv is way better, which tells me its not the signal from the modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just double checking.. but have people checked the output settings? Make sure its as high as it can go?

Comparing it from the cable, I had the 9865 box, the quality is the same if not better. 
This is on a 1080 Samsung smart TV.
Havent recently, but when we first got it, did a netflix comparison as well, and looks identical to the built in app on my smart TV.