IGNITE TV/Box will not power off when using all power button

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

IGNITE TV/Box will not power off when using all power button

I can not get the cable box(Xi6-A) to power off with the remote. Its set to control the TV and the box, when I use the 'all power' button only the TV turns off. This is happening on both boxes we have.

I've gone into settings and turned on the power savings mode so the all power SHOULD power the box AND the tv off, but the box will always stay on.

I AM able to power the box off by going into the settings menu and choosing power down, but the remote should do this by pressing the power button.

I have rebooted the box, and the modem.

Has anyone experienced this?

THX

*Added Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: IGNITE TV/Box will not power off when using all power button

Hello, @cbell.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. The Ignite TV Boxes are designed to turn off automatically after they have been inactive for a set amount of time. This Power Saver feature is on by default on all Ignite TV Boxes and set to 4 hours.

You have mentioned about turning on power saving mode, besides making sure it's on if you need to turn off the box you have to do it from the setting menu manually. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersMoin,

Thx for the reply.

I am not an expert, but that cant be correct. The power button should turn the device on or off. Even in the power savings menu it clearly says when this setting is on the all power button will immediately shut everything down

IMG_0438.jpg

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cbell wrote:

The power button should turn the device on or off. Even in the power savings menu it clearly says when this setting is on the all power button will immediately shut everything down...

The "power button" on many devices sends the device into standby, not "off".  For example, all the previous  Rogers digital boxes use about 10-20 Watts when in standby and never really turn completely off.  The PVRs use more because of the Hard Drive.

Almost all electronic devices use a Watt or two because they must be able to wake up when you point the remote at it and ask it to do anything.  It looks like the Ignite box works like most devices and uses a bit of power (1530 Watts/year or less than 1 Watt).  Many electronic devices also allow you to choose a couple of different power down modes so that the device will "wake up" more quickly when you hit the power button, or wake up more slowly if you've set it up that way.

We would probably need to get feedback from someone who has a Watt-Meter and tested the power consumption of the Ignite boxes under all three modes - on, standby, off.

I've done this for all my devices in my home:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/202-home-fix-up-including-appliances-hvac-power-tools/35430-electri...

I've Been Around

I have a sound bar setup and the tv powers off but the sound is still on meaning the box is still sending a signal.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yea these boxes don’t turn off unless you go through the menu and do it manually. So if you’re watching a show and gotta go out and just turn off the tv the show continues to play. Good times!
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation