I need help with remote settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

I need help with remote settings

I used to be able to watch a program, let's say channel 3, then press the GUIDE button, channel 3 would continue to play in the top right hand corner of the screen as I page through the chanels. NOW, while watching channel 3, then press the GUIDE button, the picture moves to the bottom right of the screen. As I page through the channels, channel 3 is no longer visible because whatever Chanel the GUIDE is on, that is the channel thT is now visible. How did this happen and how do I change it back. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: I need help with remote settings

@SummerTyme wrote:
I used to be able to watch a program, let's say channel 3, then press the GUIDE button, channel 3 would continue to play in the top right hand corner of the screen as I page through the chanels. NOW, while watching channel 3, then press the GUIDE button, the picture moves to the bottom right of the screen. As I page through the channels, channel 3 is no longer visible because whatever Chanel the GUIDE is on, that is the channel thT is now visible. How did this happen and how do I change it back. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

For us to help you, you have to help us.  What province are you in?  What equipment are you using? 

I'm going to guess you're in NB as the behaviour you describe doesn't happen with Ontario's equipment....

I've Been Here Awhile

I live in Ajax, Ontario and have an Explorer 4642HD Nextbox.
I'm a Senior Advisor

First part- the enhanced guide for Nextbox has two guide settings: Modern and Classic.  You appear to be on classic guide.  The behavior you describe (currently playing show in bottom right) is the proper behavior for the Classic setting.  There is no guide setting to move the screen to the upper corners.

As for the channel change, this is abmormal.  I assume you're using the Rogers supplied remote here.  Try rebooting the box, as the channel shouldnt change while using the guide unless you specifically select the channel.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation