I cannot set the Power On Channel - Cisco PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

I cannot set the Power On Channel - Cisco PVR

Hi, 

Does anyone else have a work around for this. 

I recently purchased a Cisco PVR.  I cannot set the Power On Channel as per the last PVR.  In addition, it will show the keyed in numbers but will not place them in the select the Power On channel box.  The current setting Disc (channel) is selected and will not change even after Saving the channel I wish from the drop down box. 

Thanks, 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: I cannot set the Power On Channel - Cisco PVR

Hello @donnnnn,

I'd like to help with the issue you are having. Have you tried to use the side arrow keys to change to the desired channel when the box appears instead of keying it in manually? If it doesn't work, try unplugging the power cord of the box and plugging it back in after 10 seconds, then go into settings again. Sounds like a glitch. I tried replicating it at the call center here but it's working for me. Let us know. 

@Gdkitty, any thoughts?

Thank you,

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I did a reset and it worked fine as well as cleaned up some other on and off issues with channels.  This was the second reset I needed to do. 

Retired Moderator

Hi @donnnnn,

That's great to know! Thanks for sharing :). 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

What are the exact steps to set the power on channel? How do you get to this feature? Thanks in advance.

Retired Moderator

Hi @tommer,

If you have the RTN guide (Red/Black), you can click on Settings > System Settings  and then change the Power-On Channel from there. Please let us know if you need anything else :). 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam