How to skip un-subscribed channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to skip un-subscribed channels?

No one knows. Rogers does not comment on updates that they may roll out. It sucks but i hope they update soon.
I've Been Around

Any update in regards to this functionality? It has been more than one year since last discussed.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actually there is, or will be shortly for the nextbox 2 and 3 boxes.
They are in the process of pushing out a new update, and there is a feature which will hide all Unsubscribed. The only thing that should be there then is subscribed ones, and things like pay per view, rod, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

The feature to hide all unsubscribed channels has now been added.  Settings / Channel Setup / Hide Channels - first entry there is now options to hide/show all/unsubscribed channels.  There is a problem however.  All of the On-Demand channels are showing and you cannot even manually hide them anymore.  Dear Rogers, please add the capability to manually hide On-Demand channels.  We would greatly appreciate you adding this capability.  Also, please let us hide the TV call-display channel (975).  For those of us who do not have this, it is not needed and you should allow us to hide it.  Thanks,

I'm Here A Lot

If you simply hide the channels you don't want, Rogers will also display ALL "On Demand" channels (This is a new annoying feature that comes with the latest software update). A better way is to mark all channels you want to see as "Favourites" then use only the Favourites button to dispay your channels, not the Guide button (which will show your channels plus all the "On Demand" ones).

I'm Here A Lot

Where do you see channel setup under settings? I have been through the basic and advanced settings countless times and I do not see this option.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What people have been explaining here.. where you can hid all unsubsribed.. is a feature of the NEW Guide.

That you are talking about the basic/advanced settings.. i am guessing you have the OLDER style guide.. which this cant be done on.

I've Been Around

Is there a way to make it so i only see the channels I subscribe to when I scroll through the guide?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jeffdstanton

If you have the NextBox 3.0, go into Settings - Channel Setup - Hide Channels - Show all / Hide all options - Hide All Unsubscribed Channels.

There you go! 🙂

I'm a Senior Advisor

This also works on the NB 2.0, and the 4625 HD terminal.