How to skip un-subscribed channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How to skip un-subscribed channels?

Last year, when I use the remote control to navigate channels, it will only display the channels that I am authorized to watch and skip others.

Yesterday, I noticed that Rogers upgraded its system? Now when I navigate the channels, it will do one by one no matter I am authorized or not. It is very inconvenient!! Too bad!!!!

Is there a way to watch authorized channels only? Does someone have same  problem? Thanks!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How to skip un-subscribed channels?

Yeah I would like to know it too!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Go to channel setup and then hide channels. Click on the channel you don't want. Should only take you about an hour to do. Thanks to the at Rogers.

Steve
I Plan to Stick Around

Omg, so that's the ONLY way?! Not just time-consuming but also I'm supposed to know what channels I'm not subscribed to, otherwise risking blocking/hiding something that is actually there. Nice.

How about a simple filter option? Yes Rogers firmware/software developers, I'm looking at you...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The channels that you are not subscribed to, do show up in a different color on the new update.

Mind you.. its the difference of white text and light grey text.. not a HUGE difference, but it is there. (compared to the whole block was a different color on the old guide)

I Plan to Stick Around

Just tried the above - and the color is the same, no difference and I looked very closely... Besides, trying going into 600/700 on the list is sooo slow and lagging that it's unusuable!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will double check tonight, but i am positive mine showed up as a different color.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I checked again and it's for sure the same color, no difference. Besides as I said, it's so slow and laggy it would take hours and hours to hide them Smiley Frustrated

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maybe we are on different software versions.

On the DEFAULT theme, on the new IPG.  Channels i am subscribed to, the 'box' around the timeslot is black, with white text.
The ones that i am UNSUBSCRIBED to, are in a slightly grey text (as oposed to the white).  Not a huge difference, but there is.

Now.. i can see this on my TV.. maybe your TV/settings are not showing enough of the contrast?

Though i agree.. to still find and hide them all would still take a long time.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm actually using Modern HD theme, not the default one...

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats