How to skip un-subscribed channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How to skip un-subscribed channels?

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channels?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@kenc wrote:

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channel

In the guide screen, press 'C'.  The scroll to "Subscribed".  Press "OK" (or select or whatever is on the Atlas/Champion remotes.  I use a Harmony, so I don't know what the exact label is) to confirm.

I Plan to Stick Around

You have decribed the filter function.  I'd like to hide unsubscribed channels.

When hidden a channel is skipped when using channel up/down and it is not displayed in the guide.

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channel

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsu...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@kenc wrote:

You have decribed the filter function.  I'd like to hide unsubscribed channels.

When hidden a channel is skipped when using channel up/down and it is not displayed in the guide.

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channels

Why people continue to manually channel surf instead of just (easily) surfing the guide nowadays is beyond me...but anyway...

that functionality doesn't exist anymore.  It was replace with the one-step guide filter.

If you still wish to hide channels, you have to do it manually.  Menu->Channel Setup-> Hide Channels-> then select each channel you wish to hide.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also don't understand the habit of surfing channels. After all, you've got a PVR and should be watching what you've recorded.  Nevertheless, I do understand that some people do surf, but as mentioned above, surfing the guide is much faster and easier and you can see your unsubscribed channels (in all channels), or select subscribed channels via the filter.

Another option would be to create a list of favourite channels that include almost every channel you would watch, while surfing the guide quickly and easily.  You can cycle through the list of all-channels vs favourite channels by repeatedly pressing the guide button.

I use my list of favourites (about 30 channels) to view the IPG each evening before turning off the PVR for the night.  I review the programming that is coming up 2 days from now on those favourite channels. Previewing the 24 hour timeslot two days out takes me about 10 minutes each night and allows me to set enough recordings to never have to surf or watch live TV.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Settings button does nothing