How to control one device not the other

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: How to control one device not the other

@Pauly wrote:
Here is my answer to the OP's question.

You CAN get away with having only ONE BOX that will allow both TV Watching, and Recording programs to your DVR, BUT if you hook it up this way, and you decide to record a show, you will have to leave the box on that channel and watch what you are recording, basically the tuner is giving the signal to both your TV set and DVR recorder, so if u change channels, it will record the channel changes, yes I know its a flaw in this approach but thats why I suggested it incase you want to try.

If you want to record one channel and watch another, you might be better off purchasing a new/used HDPVR or renting one from Rogers. It is very flexible, but the recordings are not permanent, and still would need to be archived to a DVD or some other source (providing the copyright flag allows you)

Apparently this does not work with Navigatr.  Flag appears to have been set.

See message 24 of discussion:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...