How long does it Nextbox 3.0 to boot up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How long does it Nextbox 3.0 to boot up

When I first had the Nextbox 3.0, it takes about 3-5 minutes for the box to bootup, much faster than the Nextbox 2.0. But recently I found that it takes more than 10 minutes to bootup. Is everyone experiencing that?  I know sometimes it may take longer for firmware update, but with my issue with DELETING recordings, I almost need to reboot it everyday, and I don't think there would be a firmware update happening everyday.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BB88

Mine used to take about the same time but not it takes 3-7minutes at most. It seems that the more updates we get, the more its causing this.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi. I just bought a 3.0. It's been stuck on "LoAd" for over two hours now. Thoughts?

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @josephus1,

Is your box still stuck on load? Did you try rebooting it? Please let me know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

thanks for your response.

I left it overnight. It still said LoAd after almost 20 hours. I rebooted the next morning and it still did the same thing. I have since unplugged it for now.

Retired Moderator

Hi @josephus1,

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks 

Just an update--as of Boxing Day, my Nextbox booted up fine. Not sure if there was an issue that Rogers fixed or not, but right now it's been working well for 3 days.

Retired Moderator

Hi @josephus1,

Glad to know. Let us know if you have any more issues :). 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

The generic answer is "a whole lot of time". The box takes a whole lot of time to reboot i.e. worse than when one booted ones PC from 8" floppy disks. There are only two options, a long time and a longer time. We once had to reboot in the middle of an on-demand movie; my wife got ready for bed bed and was sleeping before the boot, which took two tries, completed successfully. This is all wonderful when one recalls that Rogers' stock answer to most problems is to reboot the cable box. Everyone knows that the last 2 minutes of a footbal game takes a very long time to complete; however, thanks to Rogers, you'll only find out how it ended by catching a sports cast later.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@GeraldR00  Your response is a pretty honest representation.  Yes, a reboot can run 3 - 10 minutes, and if you have a poor connection going on, it can be reboot after reboot recycling.  But generally, my experience is 3-10 minutes.  And then there is the reality that after the reboot, the device has to load all the data to the various features - the guide, the list of recordings, delete guide information from day before, load the future dates, associate the little red dots or dot for recordings on the guide, populate pictures on the list if there are new ones, and also the loading of catalogues for On Demand, and yes a reboot in the middle of a show recording will be a pain because you will have to get to the end of where you watched, and if you didn't record it, you are out of luck. Check the news.

I have learned to live with it, somewhat because I know just how bad it was when it first came out.  Bell looks better all the time, but I am probably soon going to be a cord cutter anyway, because I don't want to pay that much for any TV.

I hear your frustration, but you are at least still making jokes.

Bruce

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats