How long does it Nextbox 3.0 to boot up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How long does it Nextbox 3.0 to boot up

Greetings,

I'm just curious as to how long it takes the Nextbox 3.0 to boot up completely and show the clock. I just swapped out my 2.0 for a 3.0 and it has now been in the boot up process for an hour . It shows blue dashes going (clockwise) around the edge of the display area; is this normal ?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How long does it Nextbox 3.0 to boot up

Seems to be between 30 mins, to just over an hour.. from peoples experiences.

May all depend on when the box was last connected.. what other updates it needs to download, etc.. had to do all that, before it fully comes up.

Since you posted this yesterday, hopefully its up and working by now.
If not, try rebooting it, may force it to connect again properly.

I'm an Advisor

Cognus:

A typical reboot takes somewhere between 2 and 3 minutes on my NB 3, which isn't too bad. Of course, getting it up and running the first time takes a lot longer.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A reboot yes, should only take that long 🙂  (SUPER FAST compared to the 8642)

But he was talking about the first time boot up of it.  Hopefully its up now, since we havent heard back from him.

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Yes, I know he was talking about the first time boot up. My post was just to let him know that a "normal" reboot is pretty quick. Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately my problems with the 3.0 still persists, after 2 hours it eventually got out of the state it was in and got to the point where it shows cd00 then it froze. They eventually sent a tech to look at my cable lines but he could find nothing wrong he tried to get the box going but no luck. He finally gave up on it and told me to take it in for a swap (I thought that the techs can do the swaps themselves). Anyways I went to the PLUS store they swapped it out I brought the new one home and plugged it in. Everything was going well up until the clock showed on the display because then I noticed a red progess bar on the bottom half of the tv screen with the word loading in the bottom middle of the screen. I understood that as also being part of the loading process so I waited however once the progress bar reaches near the half way point it freezes then the device reboots on its own. It has been in that reboot loop ever since. I finally gave up called technical support again and they've scheduled one of their senior technicians to come in to look at everything again on Wednesday. Right now i can honestly say I am not impressed with the 3.0; the 8642 lasted more than a year with no problems. I've been trying to track down an 8300 but no PLUS store carries it anymore which is unfortunate.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 8300 is not available in stores.  You can get refurb ones on the shopping channel.

THe first tech, unless he was scheduled to come out with a box, likely couldnt swap it, as he may not have had one.

I Plan to Stick Around

you can go on craigslist and get as many 8300 you want for anywhere between $75 - $100 real cheap and great condition, I have bought 2 so far this year.

I Plan to Stick Around

After 9 days of no cable, 3 box swaps and two technician visits, the 3.0 box is working. I feel that Rogers should warn people about not setting their DVR's to record shows at 2AM. That is where all my problems started, I had the 2.0 which despite its own problems, was working OK, then I made the mistake of setting it to record a Formula 1 race at 2AM. At that time I did not know that was when the PVR's generally get updated and it resulted in serious errors and problems that forced me to swap it out for a 3.0 and the rest as the say, is history. Rogers PVR's are clearly not designed to record shows at any time a customer wants, they need to make it clear to customers that these devices are not to be used to record any program in the overnight hours and that it is essentially day time and evening PVR only.

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem is there is no easy way to do this... They set it at 2AM so that the majority of customers wouldn't even notice it happening.

In the perfect world, the box would be smart enough to log your viewing habits for a few weeks, then be able to do it's update in a block of time that you never are recording something (or watching TV). But this would be a pretty sophisticated operation (plus I don't know if I'd want the box logging my viewing habits)