How does Rogers on Demand Work?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

How does Rogers on Demand Work?

Can you watch rented movies from on-demand on another TV with an older box?

***Edited Labels*** 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: How does Rogers on Demand Work?

Hello @kasper6325,

You can watch purchased content on another box but it also depends on whether you ordered SD/HD content and if the other box supports either or. For example. if you ordered an HD movie on your HD box, you won't be able to watch that HD movie on an SD box. When you go to OnDemand, you will be prompted to press C for saved videos. You will see your purchased content in saved videos. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

My other box is HD and it was an HD version of the movie I downloaded.  Also, that box is not updating the guide.  It still has the old blue one.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.

Would have to get a more concrete answer from a rogers rep.. but i would beleive that it should work on what was said above.

An SD version.. would play on either box... but all the SD boxes, ONLY run the old old guide.. so it means that it still should run on the old guide fine?

I have yet to really try the multiple box thing myself.

When you say not updating the guide..
Just that its not on the NEW version?  Or that the actual content on the guide is not updating? (shows, etc).  That may be more of a signal issue.. which may explain why its not able to access the ROD stuff?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@kasper6325 wrote:

***Edited Labels*** 

From what I see on RoD, all shows and movies have a SD and HD version. In the case of pay movies, it looks like the SD version is $1 less.  I guess your question is, if you watch the SD version on a SD box, will you be credited $1, or will you have to pay the SD rental on top of your HD rental. I'd have to go and look, but I think my SD PVR doesn't even display HD titled on RoD. What say, Rogers?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@kasper6325 wrote:

***Edited Labels*** 

From what I see on RoD, all shows and movies have a SD and HD version. In the case of pay movies, it looks like the SD version is $1 less.  I guess your question is, if you watch the SD version on a SD box, will you be credited $1, or will you have to pay the SD rental on top of your HD rental. I'd have to go and look, but I think my SD PVR doesn't even display HD titled on RoD. What say, Rogers?

My understanding is this.

There is the SD and HD versions..  you pay for one or the other (yes, the SD is less).

You pay for the SD verion.. it SHOULD be available on BOTH boxes then to watch.. but it is what you pay for.. SD.  SD on the SD box.. SD on the HD box.

BUT, if you pay for the HD verion.. its HD.  You would be only able to watch it on the HD box.
That it doesnt auto include a SD version. 
If you bought the HD.. you would not have access to it via the SD boxes at all then.. you would have to buy it again.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Actually if you rent a movie on one terminal, it is only available on that terminal.