How do i Connect VCR/DVD player and computer to nextbox?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: How do i Connect VCR/DVD player and computer to nextbox?

When I tried to use "Copy to VCR" on the PVR the other day, a message popped up on the screen about not being able to record the program.  Sure enough, it recorded a blank screen with no sound. I assume that this is some sort of copy protection. For testing, I tried copying a few minutes of other shows I had on my PVR. I couldn't copy the ones from cable 8 (CTV in Toronto) but shows from other networks could. Has CTV copy protected all of its programs? Is this a new trend? Are any other networks copy protecting their shows? Also, when I was watching the show on my PVR, it wasn't in HD. Is it time to cut the cord and switch to an antenna?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: How do i Connect VCR/DVD player and computer to nextbox?

I just recorded a few seconds of The View from CTV to my DVDR using my SA8300HD PVR no problem. I haven't come across any "copy protection".  I seldom use the DVDR anymore except for playing DVDs, or for experimenting, since I've had a PVR. Before that, I had it and a VCR hooked up to my main TV, plus a VCR on another TV.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario