How do I stop my 8642 from rebooting by itself?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How do I stop my 8642 from rebooting by itself?

Meowmix, is yours rebooting even after downgradign the guide as you noted here?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/page/2/...

my 8642 has had no issues since going back to the original...

should clarify in this post which guide is installed?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well around once or twice a week the box will reboot with the old IPG. With the new IPG its about 3-4 nights a week doing it. So really it all depends what Rogers is doing when the reboot the boxes.
I've Been Around

I wish I knew- but I wonder if they are uploading what we watched that day- I can't believe this always happens!!! I hate rogers
I Plan to Stick Around

I wouldn't mind it downloading new software every morning if it actually DID something new. All we get is interrupted news to the point where it makes more sense to stream elsewhere. 

This morning it downloaded new software twice - and yet, we still have the crummy NextBox software. As a techy, I would really love to know WHAT updates it could possibly be downloading every morning. None of them are improving the overall experience.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Short answer...its probably downloading guide data.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello akselsoft

Exactly! The thing is with the new guide, Rogers has set to update the guide every day or so. Which leaves us being the fools that we lose watching news / traffic and such during this update. I really hope with the new box and software they can stop this.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Me as well.

Apparently the new software, will shorten the reboot time dramatically, and not take 15+ mins to do the reboot... which will at least be a HELP.. but still an annoyance.

I Plan to Stick Around

2am is prime time for some of us...

specially when watching pvred stuff
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thomask

Sadly Rogers is aware of this but has not changed it yet. The new NextBox 3.0 just got released today & some of us were able to get it. Now as for the updates at night? I have no clue but we will see it tonight or in a few days how it goes.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, will have to see if it reboots on the same schedule and if it reboots (perhaps it won't)
One thing that is said on the info for it is, is a faster reboot time. While still an interruption, a 1 min reboot would be at least better.