How do I stop my 8642 from rebooting by itself?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

How do I stop my 8642 from rebooting by itself?

I'm on my 3rd 8642 and it reboots by itself (just like the last 2 I had). There must be some way to fix this??? Also the box will freeze a few times a day and I can not change channels. It requires me to unplug the box to get it going again.

***Edited labels***

Steve
Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do I stop my 8642 from rebooting by itself?

going through possibilities for this in my head since your other posts.

How do you have it pluged in? Via a powerbar? straight into the wall, etc?   just trying to iliminate stuff here.. i would try it straight into the wall if you can, just to eliminate that out.

IF you have another cable outlet in the house, i would maybe try the box there if you can.. see if it does the same thing.. if its just a problem at THAT power/cable outlet.

I have it plugged into the way because it is easier to unplug whan I have to reboot it a few times a day. When I had it in the power bar it would reboot. I had the box attached to another tv last night and it rebooted by its self and once I had to reboot it. Its time for me to get box number 4 : (

Steve
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Mine rebooted during the night while it was on standby. This has happened for the past 3 nights in a row.

It reboots every night at 2am for network updates. You cant watch TV at that time of night.

Steve
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Damnit. That is why its been rebooting. That sucks then because my box turns on & stays on & seeing as i have the front display turned off once the box is n standby.

I works shifts so I'm usually watching TV late at night. Every night it reboots after a network update. It is infuriating.

Steve

I work shift work and TV watching goes on until 4 in the morning most nights, At exactly 2am every day the boxs update and reboots.So I can not watch anything at this time as it takes about 10 minutes to do. Is there a setting somewhere where I can set the time for later?

Steve
I'm a Trusted Advisor

No there is not. The updates happen between 2-6am. Rogers forces th updates at those times. There is no way for us to change the time seeing as Rogers updates and cleans the systems during those times.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just a quick note it does not support TV call display either, that's why I'm looking for a Scien Amer 4250