How do I get my 'Bonus' channel?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

How do I get my 'Bonus' channel?

The link in My Rogers to 'change my bonus channel' is a dead link that leads nowhere. Therefore I'm paying for bonus channel that I can't get.  I was told I would be able to get and change my bonus channel myself whenever I want.  Now after trying at a Rogers Store, I'm being told I have to call in to get my bonus channel. So, I will have to call in - wait in the queue forever, to get my bonus channel or anytime I want to change the bonus channel???? are you kidding me?  

Rogers takes the $400 bucks a month I give them to pay for debacles like Shomi - an absolute disgrace... (who's pathetically stupid idea was it to go up against Netflix?)  and in return I get horrible services, web interfaces that don't work, super high compression on the TV signal that causes pixelation and artifacts.... it's mind-blowing how bad this company is. All while the Canadian government protects them from competitors coming in and doing it right so the consumer can get decent product at a reasonable cost.... what a racket.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I get my 'Bonus' channel?

Hi @zx900rrr

Thanks for reaching out on Community Forums!

Definitely understand your frustration with trying to select your channel. We can definitely assist with changing your Bonus Channel option, please reach out to us at @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

So, how do I set or change my bonus channel?

The link on My Rogers is an internal 500 error.

Some instructions would be helpful

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @zx900rrr,

For now, you must either contact customer service to change/set your bonus channel or, you can reach out to us @CommunityHelps via PM to assist with as well. You can change your bonus channel once per billing cycle and the change is effective immediately.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I'm Here A Lot

Signed up and had installed popular TV and gigabi inernet last week.  The rep who i signed up with selected LeafsTV as my bonus channel and said it can be changed later.  How do I go about doing it.  In my account online, there is a button to change bonus channel.  I select it, and i can select a new channel, but it appears to go through placing a new order?  is this the correct way to do it?  If I click through and submit, its not going to mess anything up, just change the bonus channel?

Hello, @gcw23

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. You can change the bonus channel once per billing cycle, we can assist you with it. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

trying to change my bonus chanel and nothing works and this form says to fill this out

but that's the only message I see in this forum -

Hello, @steric

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. You can change the bonus channel on your TV package once per billing cycle by following the steps below;

1. Log in to your MyRogers account.
  2. Click Usage & Services and select TV from the drop-down menu.
  3. Scroll down to My TV Package and select Change Bonus Channel.
  4. Scroll down to Pick your bonus channel, select your new bonus channel and click CHECKOUT.
  5. Confirm your contact information, select your preferred callback time, and click Continue.
  6. On the ORDER SUMMARY page, click Submit.

A confirmation page will display your order details. The changes will take effect within an hour.

If for any reason you are not able to change the bonus channel, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can access your account and make the change for you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

I want to change my bonus channel

Hello @DJEMBE56,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

I know how important it is to ensure your Bonus channel is set up to something you like. We can get that changed for you now! Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can gain access to your account and make the changes for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony