How do I control my 4K Netbox with my LG Magic Remote?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I control my 4K Netbox with my LG Magic Remote?

I just bought a 55 inch LG OLED 4K Tv that comes with a very nifty universal remote ( called Magic)  that includes voice commands.  When I run the setup routine with my LG Tv it asks me who the manufacturer is of the cable box, I called Rogers and they said Cisco but when I enter Cisco in the setup routine my TV does not recognize the cable box.  This means I am stuck with two remotes the Rogers universal and the LG universal.  I would like to just use the LG one.  I called LG and they said I need to talk to Rogers to figure it out.

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do I control my 4K Netbox with my LG Magic Remote?

Try Technicolor or Rogers.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/corporate-strategy-office/acquisitions/technicolor.html

Many people do it "the other way around."  They use the Rogers remote to control some of the functionality of the TV.  Another option is to purchase a programmable remote like the Harmony 650/655, currently on sale during "boxing week" for about $50.  Good Luck with your remote.

I've Been Here Awhile

I called Rogers and found out that Cisco makes the 4K Netbox. I then selected Cisco and Remote 2 on my LG screen and now most functions work to control the Netbox with my LG Magic Remote. However, the guide button still does not bring up the Rogers guide
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the suggestion.  Does the Harmony 650/655 control all the features in the Rogers 4K PVR?  The LG remote has a microphone for voice activated commands and dedicated buttons for Netflix which I like as well as a pointer that works like a mouse for the TV.  I would really like to be able to program the LG Magic remote to fully control the 4K Netbox like being able to get the guide and the listing of what is on the PVR.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RodP wrote:

1. Does the Harmony 650/655 control all the features in the Rogers 4K PVR?  I would really like to be able to program the LG Magic remote to fully control the 4K Netbox like being able to get the guide and the listing of what is on the PVR.

1. Yes.  the Rogers box must be in "IR" not "RF" mode.

2. Unfortunately, sometimes such functionality is missing from TV remotes.  Perhaps there is another "device code" that you can programme into the remote for better functionality with the Rogers PVR? Does the LG remote have a "list" button, etc as required by the Rogers PVR?  Sometimes these remotes can be "programmed" using specific codes, button presses, etc.  Or if it's a "learning" remote, you can "teach" it the "codes" for List, Guide, etc.  You'll need to check the capabilities in the operating manual for the LG remote.

I've Been Around

I had the same issue. I just discovered that if you press the “calculator” looking button to the right of the “0”, you gain access to all the missing PVR options at the bottom of the screen.
Also, the scroll wheel can be used to rewind live tv. Using it now.
Hope this helps.
I've Been Here Awhile

Just tried the “calculator” button and wow, it does bring up many of the missing PVR functions.  I did not see a “record” button there though.  Is there anyway you can use the “live TV” option with the PVR as the cable is plugged in to the PVR and not the TV so the TV does not know any of the stations.  Thanks for the tip.  I have also not been able to find a “real” manual that explains in detail how the remote works.  This is the only one I have found, can you program those colour keys?

https://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-AN-MR18BA