How do I change the time on my box for daylight savings?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How do I change the time on my box for daylight savings?

Hi ... Why doesn't the user guide explain about daylight saving time ? I mean how do you change the time ? Also another thing the user guide doesn'y say is how do you do a reboot on the box ?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: How do I change the time on my box for daylight savings?

The time should have updated on it's own. I was watching when it did on mine and it changed right at 2:00/3:00..

As for the reboot on that box you have to unplug it and plug it back in. On the 8300 I believe there is a menu option to reboot.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

The time should have updated on it's own. I was watching when it did on mine and it changed right at 2:00/3:00..

As for the reboot on that box you have to unplug it and plug it back in. On the 8300 I believe there is a menu option to reboot.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi ... That good your changed but mine has not change at all and I even done the reboot ( unplug unit ) I still see i'm an hour behind . What can I do now ? Thanks

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

everything is good now, thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems that whenever time changes my digital terminal recorded programs don't reflect the change.  I have to go in manually to update.  Why isn't this done automatically?  Can this change be implemented in the future?

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't understand. Why should your recorded program times change?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Your shows will still air at the same times.  Daylight savings doesn't change when your shows air and record.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My clock to my Nextbox still  hasn't changed back to an hour. 

How come? How do I change it back?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@door16952:

The time should have changed automatically.  Try rebooting the box either via the Settings - scroll up one to Troubleshooting menu, or by unplugging the box for a few seconds, assuming it's not a PVR recording at the time.

There is no way for you to change the time since this is all done from Rogers' end.  Perhaps you have a poor (return) signal in your home and the Rogers head end isn't seeing your box properly.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...