How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

Another Amber Alert today. After I got up I turned on my 4290 STB to listen to Stingray music on Channel 726 and immediately got an amber alert. Interestingly, it was only in French verbally.  That box is not connected to a TV. I checked our iPhone 5S (which is always turned off (in standby)) and the alert was there (in both languages) with the alert issued at 4:58 AM.

I then checked my 9865 STB and got the alert there as soon as I turned it on, but again, although the written alert was in both languages, the verbal alert was only in French. I don't think that's how it should work... I hit "exit" on the box when the message repeated a minute or so later (again still only in French verbally).  I'm not aware of any "archive", but perhaps there is one.  I'm sure if you search the internet you'll find discussion of the topic.  As a matter of fact, the notification on my iPhone 5S "goes away" after a couple of views and I need to remember to do a screenshot if I want to revisit it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/amber-alert-ontario-1.5134921

I see that the alert was over at 8AM. Why was I still getting the alert on my Rogers boxes at 9:30?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I did see news links to that Alert on social media and that it was called off when resolved. Sometimes previously I could not find anything on recent alerts by searching, but there's lots on Google News about this one. I'm sure there has to be an archive of alerts somewhere, maybe not accessible to the public.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Usually when there is an amber alert in the middle of the night, and it ends before the morning and you wanna know what happened? Do this...

First thing in the morning when you wake up, go to your kitchen, family room or wherever, and turn on the TV, turn the channel to CP24 - Toronto's Breaking News. You will hear constant talk about the amber alert over and over and over so there you have it.

I've Been Here Awhile

My friend was woken up by one and went back to sleep to nightmares about it.
I'm a Senior Advisor

When people are disturbed by an Amber Alert at an inopportune time, they're annoyed more than anything else. But they'll probably want to check it out later when they're awake or not in the middle of dinner. That's where an archive site of these accessible to the public is important.  In the case of child abductions the perp may be hundreds of kilometers away by the time the alert is processed, approved and broadcast. That is why I share alerts on Facebook even if they're not fin my area.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario