How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

Hello @Headfake

Im not here to play politics on who controls who. In the END the government, the people of Canada and the CRTC made this alert system for the ones with children or family members missing and or weather related.

If you are reminded you don't really need cable, then that's ur choice to remove cable and go to whatever method you want. No one forced u to get cable:)

Again none of u on here have any clue of having a family member missing or a child missing. (most likely) . You guys care more about ur tv viewing to be honest and shows alot.. I understand you want to watch tv but again this is important for others and helps them out. One of my family members had this child missing last year for well over 24hrs. Thankfuly the child was found DUE to someone watching this alert ( on Bell with the same sound and messages) and was found safe. Until many of you understand that fully, u will keep complaining.

Anyways in the end the system is made to find a missing person and or weather related. U agree the sound is a bit much and needs to be changed but I believe they picked that sound due to getting everyone's ttention. As posted above, a reply by Rogers was made on how to disable it.
I've Been Here Awhile

The amber alert that has taken over my tv since 1:30 am was cancelled an hour ago.  Why is it still being broadcast?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Benjamin1

Whidh cable box do u own? If it's the NextBox 3.0, 4K box and or 4K PVR box or any box running Navigatr you should be able to disable it via pressing the EXIT button.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Headfake

Im not here to play politics on who controls who. In the END the government, the people of Canada and the CRTC made this alert system for the ones with children or family members missing and or weather related.

If you are reminded you don't really need cable, then that's ur choice to remove cable and go to whatever method you want. No one forced u to get cable:)

Again none of u on here have any clue of having a family member missing or a child missing. (most likely) . You guys care more about ur tv viewing to be honest and shows alot.. I understand you want to watch tv but again this is important for others and helps them out. One of my family members had this child missing last year for well over 24hrs. Thankfuly the child was found DUE to someone watching this alert ( on Bell with the same sound and messages) and was found safe. Until many of you understand that fully, u will keep complaining.

Anyways in the end the system is made to find a missing person and or weather related. U agree the sound is a bit much and needs to be changed but I believe they picked that sound due to getting everyone's ttention. As posted above, a reply by Rogers was made on how to disable it.

The point EVERYONE is making is the amber alert isn't doing a single thing to help any abducted child, unless the child happens to be dragged through my home and out the back door. Are you now going to "assume" that's going to happen?

Also, WHY is this idiotic alert still on my TV if the girl has been found? Exactly, implemented stupidly.

I've Been Here Awhile

That doesn't answer my question and if I could disable it, I would've done it seven hours ago.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Headfake

Actually the alerts do help the ones missing but again you won't know that ad you guys just sit and complain about the alerts. Maybe read my post again to see how it was helpful in my family's case. Again if u don't want cable as u said in UR post, u can cancel and go with anyone else or pick to watch ur shows on another platform.

In the end the system is here to help. I do agree they need to stop sending out the messages when the alert is done and over with. That's one thing that also plays here as i do wonder why it keeps going after an hour of the person found.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Benjamin1

Unfortunately looking at the Rogers Facebook page and Twitter, they haven't answered any on any on asking on why they haven't stopped the alert yet. It should have been stopped at the time the alert was stopped as well. I'll keep u posted if I see anything.
I Plan to Stick Around

This is the same nonsense that I complained about way back.  I'm not insensitive to abducted kids, but on my SA-8300 I cannot in anyway disable the audio hijacking of my box or the red banner.   As well, the French...is not intelligible.   

Fortunately, I have a second TV in a bedroom with a different set-top box that I can disable.

It's ridiculous for anyone to suggest that someone in Ottawa should have to endure an alert hijacking a TV because of an amber alert from the far end of Ontario 1000s of km away.

I've read it now, countless times.   But I can't shut it off.   

That's not in anyone's 'public interest'.   

I Plan to Stick Around

@Benjamin1 wrote:
That doesn't answer my question and if I could disable it, I would've done it seven hours ago.

Perhaps Rogers made so only newer models could exit the alerts without unplugging/replugging in order to get people to upgrade boxes, if of course you happen to hear the alert has been canceled otherwise, good luck is their attitude.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Headfake

I noticed Bell and Shaw have the same issue. Their older boxes can't remove the alert but their newer ones can. Maybe it's a tactic to get a new box but it could be software related as well..