How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

@LorneGilbert wrote:

They do affect PVRed programs, and it sucks!

It's not in the recording. It's live on the cable network. Playing a recording you can mute it, pause and skip back to catch the dialog.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

If you were annoyed by the alarm, complain to CRTC. Here is the link:

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/question.htm

I selected TV > Programming > topic not listed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously people a child was missing that's serious as well as any alert. Get over yourself and be thankful the child was found safe.

Just imagine how you'd feel if it didn't end well after the alert and all you could think of was a sound and alert interrupted your night.

I've Been Here Awhile

Nobody is saying it wasn't important. But we shouldn't be subjected to persistent alarms after we have received the message. We need the option to silence the alarm after we have heard it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It could be handled differently - the banner was fine, but the robotic voice was totally unnecessary, as well as the continued loud beeping - more isn't always better

it would have been so bad if it hadn't been recorded too

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't think anyone is saying that the alerts are a bad idea. What people are saying is that alerts need to be able to be silenced and resounded only when NEW information is available. Otherwise people might turn the tv off out of frustration and miss important updates.

I Plan to Stick Around

You do realize that more and more people are spending time on their phone instead of their television. We should have received a text. It's not the fact that this ended on a positive note with the child being found alive and safe, but that this would have reached more people and more importantly it would have reached people who could, in some meaningful way, could actually help. It's not going to get people to off their seat when it's sent to their television. And the fact that it went to cities that are so far away that there is nothing that the residents of those cities could help.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jscott21

As i do agree with you, many still use their TV's as u can see from everyone complaining so the CRTC mandated it to be on the TV. It doesn't matter how far you live. It's still a good thing to know just incase they come ur way. That's something MANY fail to see...
I've Been Here Awhile

@Jeffo1 wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying that the alerts are a bad idea. What people are saying is that alerts need to be able to be silenced and resounded only when NEW information is available. Otherwise people might turn the tv off out of frustration and miss important updates.

Exactly this. The mute I found was the power button. The alert worked in that I received the initial info but anything after that I missed because of the implementation of the alert system. 

And to to those posting about the missing child or what if it was a tornado I think you missed the point of the op. It was a simple question about a missing function of a stb. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dagney

Read the other users posts. That's why we are saying that. The OP did ask a question and got the answer but other users are making it look so bad thus some of us are saying that