How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

I agree @jscott21 and certainly not multiple times within minutes.

I've Been Here Awhile

Pressing exit doesn't do anything. I assume it only applies to next box and not the 8300 PVR.

I've Been Around

The good news is I got the alert, despite it pertaining to an incident > 100 km away and my being in for the night.  The bad news is without anyway to acknowledge receipt of the alert, it has made the service I pay for basically unusable.  Hey government/Rogers if your implementation is so disruptive that it stops people from watching the TV, how effective are your alerts?  How many more people could you reach if people left their TVs on?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unbelievable!! Get the buzzer & mute off of the Amber alert! It is a serious situation no doubt but put the info only...muting the tv every time there is an Amber is ridiculous...40 minutes unreal...we are so over responsible and politically correct just stop it. Thank you.

I've Been Around

I agree, I had turn my TV off as well, I was starting to get a migraine from the sound. It is a horrible incident and to get the word out is great, but the problem is as you say, if the alert is causing people to turn off their TV (tune out), then how effective is the alert.
I've Been Here Awhile

They do affect PVRed programs, and it sucks!

I Plan to Stick Around

They should have sent out a text message instead of putting the red bar across my screen and the annoying sound. At least that way I would paid attention to it. Doesn't Rogers know that many people are spending more time on their phones and less time with their television (mostly cancelling their services due to the numerous reasons Rogers gives to their customers for leaving/cutting the cord)?

I Plan to Stick Around

@LorneGilbert Do they really affect recorded programs?  When you played it back, did you get the same sound?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @LorneGilbert

Weird MY PVR doesn't record it and I have the NB3 box...
I'm an Advisor

Hello @LorneGilbert,

My PVR did not record it either. I have NextBox 2 and NextBox 3 PVRs.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats