How Do I Reset/Reboot My Cisco 8642HD Box?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How Do I Reset/Reboot My Cisco 8642HD Box?

I moved my box from one room to another and when I plugged it back in it will not complete the reboot. It is stuck on -01-. I had a Rogers tech come and check the line and it is good. I went through all the suggestions made by other users and it still will not complete the reboot.

It is an old unit, but was working fine until I moved it.

The  Rogers store says I will have to rent a new box, (another cash grab).

Any suggestions?

*Added Labels*

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How Do I Reset/Reboot My Cisco 8642HD Box?

Here are my comments and suggestions.

1. These older boxes can sometimes be a bit finicky to boot. Give it another couple of tries.

2. Move the box to the old location and see if it'll boot there.

3. Do you have another box in the home that you could use to check the signal?  Here's how:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

4. Have you called Rogers to check the signal of the problem box remotely?

5. Just because the line is good, it doesn't mean that the connections inside the home are good.

6. If you need to replace the box, there are plenty on sale at Kijiji or other places with lots of people moving to IgniteTV.  If you buy a used box, get a 9865 - it's newer, faster, etc.  You should be able to get one for $40-50.  Read the following link before purchase:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@micklind wrote:

I moved my box from one room to another and when I plugged it back in it will not complete the reboot. It is stuck on -01-. I had a Rogers tech come and check the line and it is good. I went through all the suggestions made by other users and it still will not complete the reboot.

It is an old unit, but was working fine until I moved it.

The  Rogers store says I will have to rent a new box, (another cash grab).

Any suggestions?

It may be a signal issue in the new location, but I guess you can't check if it won't boot. Try putting it back in the previous location tom see if it boots. If it does then it's got to be signal, maybe bad connector or splitter . That is something the Rogers tech should have checked. They will replace questionable cables, connectors and splitters even if you installed them.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I moved it back to the original location and it still gets stuck on -01-.

The tech said the signal on the line in both locations is good so the only problem is the box itself.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

In the event that you can fix the issue by resetting, or rebooting, your link box UPSers.