Hide Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Hide Channels

When you're looking at 999 channels, I naturally wanted to hide a lot of them, which takes a long time, and the 8642 gets slower the more you hide.

So some sugggestions to rogers.

1. Speed up the hide channels. It can literally take 5 minutes or more to exit hide channels, when I've hidden a lot of channels.

2. Give me buttons or selections to bulk hide channels, with one click

a. Channels I don't receive/pay for/are grayed out, including PPV

b. All non-English channels

c. All religious channels.

d. All duplicate channels, keeping the HD channels lower in number (for example, HDNBC is 17 and 5??. Keep the 17, keeping the lower channels as priority over the duplicates in higher channels.

By doing this, I literally would have saved hours setting up my hide channel list, removing one at a time.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hide Channels

For your point a)
This is already there.. while they are not skippable, unless you hide them, etc.. any channels that you dont get, should already be greyed out/a different color than your live channels.
(originaly it was barely noticable, but more recently the slight update they did, makes it very clear as to which are different)

I've Been Here Awhile

I used Bell years ago and you could easily bulk hide all non-sbuscribed channels.

It's really irritating to go through and hide all the channels one by one. It's slow to the point you think your device is malfuntioning and worse if you hide a channel and the number gets moved you could hide a channel you do purchase.

I can imagine that Roger's wants to entice us by showing us channels we could have but I don't need enticement. I don't want to see what I'm not interested in.

Plus on the foreign language and multi PPV channels (only need one, thanks), it's super annoying to see a bunch of bogus channels.

Seriously, the Roger's guide is so primative by comparison to Bell's. The only reason I have Rogers is because of the internet package and I hate channels getting fuzzy because of snow/bad weather. But Roger's guide really sucks.

I've Been Here Awhile

And yes, I'm aware that the channels do show visibly greyed out. I just don't want to see them at all or have to scroll past them. There is so limited realestate in the guide as it is without showing bogus channels.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,
ive got a 4250HD and the guide shows all channels in the guide are the same color, so we're know which channels we are/not subscribed to, which is a pain.
I'd love to have a guide that only shows subscribed channels. Is it possible with this model?

Thanks!

Steven
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Unfortunately you cannot hide channels when using a 4250HD box.  Its a limit of the SARA software loaded on it.  You can however, assign up to 30 favorite channels, and then by pressing the FAV button located between the VOL & CH up/down buttons, it will cycle through all of your favorite channels you've set up.

To set a channel(s) as a favorite, tune to that channel, then press the settings button once.  This will open the Quick Settings menu, scroll down until you see an option to SET "CHAN" TO FAVORITES LIST (chan will be the actual channel you are tuned to) and that will put a small blue ribbon in the corner of the menu banner showing that it is now a favorite.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, bigjug!
Are there any rogers HD receivers that are capable of doing this?

Tia!
I'm a Regular

oops.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the 4642 with the NEW guide, you can hide channels, but you need to do them one by one.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

As mentioned, the newer cisco line-up of HD boxes, when loaded with the new software, can hide channels, but from the sounds of it, its a teadous and time consuming task.