Hide Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Hide Channels

Hi, thanks for your answer. When I’m viewing the guide, if I press C, nothing changes or happens. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pidaigle : Here are some suggestions, questions.

1. What is the exact model number of your box?  It should be on the front.

2. Try rebooting the box.  If it's a PVR wait until all recordings are finished, then unplug for a few seconds.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,
Arris. Model is. DCX3510-M
Thank you!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pidaigle : I believe that this model doesn't use the Navigatr firmware that we have been providing you instructions for.  You are either in one of the small areas of Ontario that used Motorola equipment or you're in Atlantic Canada. Someone familiar with that model will have to advise, but it may not be possible with that firmware/model box...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 unhides channels on reboot

I unplug my Nextbox 3.0 at night so that the sound of the fan doesn't bother me at night in my bedroom.  When I reboot it the next morning it unhides six specific channels (115, 203, 320, 330, 428, 975) which I had previously hidden.  So now when I surf through the channels it brings up those previously hidden channels with a message that I don't subscribe (which I don't).  My only solution is to go back in to settings and manually hide those again.  At first Rogers told me they could definitely fix this.  Now they are telling me this is normal and is designed to encourage me to use pay-per-view even though 975 is not a pay-per-view channel.  Is this normal?

Highlighted

Hello @X318,

Thanks for your post! I can appreciate your reasoning behind the unplugging of your box each night. The concern I have is that these boxes are meant to be connected to the Rogers network on a consistent basis to ensure you are receiving our updates which typically occur overnight. Also, by unplugging the box and forcing a reboot each morning, this could potentially cause some of your personal settings to be disrupted. 

As mentioned by one of our awesome RE's @57, what you can try doing is setting up a favourites list of all your preferred channels and when watching TV, you can just flip to this specific list. This will ensure that you do not see any unwanted or unsubscribed to content. 

Alternatively, you may want to look into our new Ignite TV offerings to see if that is something you'd like to consider. The set-top boxes used for Ignite TV are much quieter and there are many options for personalization offered with it. Here's a link to the Ignite TV service should you be interested in checking it out: https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/tv-internet

Kind regards,
RogersLaura