I've been around

HdEr on PVR display and all recordings are gone

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HdEr on PVR display

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@linda77 : HdEr means hard drive error.  You can try a few reboots to see if the PVR will boot without the error, but if it doesn't boot without the error, then the Hard Drive is probably shot.  Years ago one would replace the hard drive but with everyone migrating to IgniteTV, that's probably not worth it.

You can probably use the PVR as a tuner, but not record or watch recordings.  Even then, you usually get the error message every time you start the PVR.

Is this a rental PVR, or do you own it? What is the model NB3 (9865) or NB2 (8642), or 8300HD?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@linda77 : HdEr means hard drive error.  You can try a few reboots to see if the PVR will boot without the error, but if it doesn't boot without the error, then the Hard Drive is probably shot.  Years ago one would replace the hard drive but with everyone migrating to IgniteTV, that's probably not worth it.

You can probably use the PVR as a tuner, but not record or watch recordings.  Even then, you usually get the error message every time you start the PVR.

Is this a rental PVR, or do you own it? What is the model NB3 (9865) or NB2 (8642), or 8300HD?

Marsha1
I've been around

I own it. It isNb39865

SnowDay1
I've been here awhile

This happened to me also. Said some kind of update was happening and how I view the list of recordings. Now every time I turn on the tv it says this message and I have to push exit to get going. Just tried to record something and it would not work. 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SnowDay1 : as discussed several posts up:  

HdEr means hard drive error.  You can try a few reboots to see if the PVR will boot without the error, but if it doesn't boot without the error, then the Hard Drive is probably shot.  Years ago one would replace the hard drive but with everyone migrating to IgniteTV, that's probably not worth it.

It is possible to replace the hard drive as discussed in the following thread if you have an owned 9865 or 4K PVR.  If you have an 8642 or 8300, you may not even be able to get a drive. and if it's a rental, Rogers probably won't do anything for you due to the IgniteTV migration.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/upgrade-or-replace-the-ihdd-on-9865-nextbox-3-0.211002/

SnowDay1
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the info. It is a rental box and not very old. Went through the reboot a few times and spoke with Rogers. Seems they will no longer replace the boxes and just want me to change to Ignite.  Seems like a planned ploy to get people to change over. Problem is it will cost me more in the long run to get the same thing. Even a Rogers rep told me to hold on to my package a while back. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SnowDay1 wrote:

1. Thanks for the info. It is a rental box and not very old.

2. Seems like a planned ploy to get people to change over. 

1. You didn't state which box you have, but just as an example, the 9865 came out around 2013, over 10 years ago.  Flip the box over or look at the back and you'll see the date of manufacture.

2. It's not a ploy, the box is just done, as are many electronics of that age and everyone is being migrated to IgniteTV.  I'm actually surprised it has taken this long because IgniteTV was launched about 5.5 years ago.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation