Has Any1 Tried To Change Channel Line-Up Online?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Any1 Tried To Change Channel Line-Up Online?

@RogersAsif wrote:

@pmcsplaza You should be getting notifications to your email unless you turned off the setting, maybe your email spam filter is junking them. Also you can upload images, they just have to go through the approval process to make sure they are forum friendly before it goes public(the mods take care of this). And ya that's odd not sure why it’s not working for you? what browser? ever tried a different computer?

Under Subscriptions and Notifications I have everything set to notify me immediately.

But under Email it wont let me uncheck Email Settings as follows:  Don't send me any community emails - can't uncheck that.  Says I don't have the authority tio do so.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

Disregard that last post...I had to resubscribe.....sigh. All should now work, at least as far as emails from this community.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @pmcsplaza 

I verified that you have the box checked for receiving email notifications.

Let us know if you get an email for this reply to your post!

@RogersPrasana 

Highlighted

Yes I did, thanks. 😉  As stated in my last, rather hasty, post, I had overlooked that line telling me I need to resubscribe - under Notifications I think it was.  I'm afraid my old eyes ain't what they used to be. 😉

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

When I couldn't get those pages, the started loading but then the screen flashed and nothing loaded.It was my popup blocker.

As for BBC World News, Channel 194 is green on my Guide and I have to special order it at extra cost. It used to be included in VIP until Rogers realigned some channels and replaced it with something of no interest to me.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

I guess I must have the old (grandfathered) VIP package then.

Strange regarding that popup blocker then as mine is diabled.   Will keep at it....;-)

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@pmcsplaza never know could be something with the grandfathered package as everyone else is able to access. I'll have someone reach out to you via PM maybe they can test your profile. Remember to post the solution it you end up getting the issue resolved Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Removing channels via internet?

Back in September I re-upped with Rogers. I was offered two channel packages to try out for 4, and 6 months respectively. The 6 month trial was Hollywood suite, and the 4 month was TMN+HBO. Both were to be automatically removed after the free trial period unless I wanted them. Hollywood suite was removed after the time period, but I quickly noticed that TMN+HBO hadn’t. 

Yesterday I tried to get onto my account to see if I could remove it myself, but the site told me it was under maintenance. Today I got in but I can’t seem to be able to find a way to remove the package that should have been removed in the first place. Is it possible via internet or do I have to call to fix their mistake?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Dire,

As a fellow DIY'er, I can totally appreciate you trying to manage your own channels. Were you able to get your situation addressed? If not, please feel free to reach out to us via @CommunityHelps so we can assist.

If you're unfamiliar with how our Private Messenger works, please review this post.

Cheers,

RogersCilio