Harmony Remote and Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Harmony Remote and Ignite

Hello @Juliafoo : I'm not quite sure why you've posted similar questions several times in this thread.  Have you seen my response in post 573?  Have you worked your way through the IR interference points?  Do you have anything new to add?  I do not recall others having similar problems, so it seems the issue is specific to your home/installation.  I have seen the IR interference issue several times during my years optimizing home theatres.  Have you tried the Harmony closer to the box - a couple of feet away?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there! Sorry if it is bad policy to post the same type of question in several places. I am a little new to this forum.

I have worked my way through most of the IR interference possibilities. I had an “a-ha“ moment this morning.

This is what I think happens:
-My harmony one remote sends a signal via RF to the harmony hub.
- The hub then sends an IR signal to the ignite box.

So the issue was not interference between the remote control and the ignite box. It was a lack of direct line of sight between the hub and the ignite box.
I turned the harmony hub and the ignite box to face each other, an inch or so away, and now the harmony remote seems to be working perfectly. I only had five minutes to test this this morning before I went to work. But I feel like I’m onto something here. Maybe an RF blaster from the harmony hub to the ignite box would be the solution.

What do you think?
Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Juliafoo, I think you have hit the nail on the head. My son in law had a similar situation and spent many hours trying to sort out why his Harmony remote wasn’t working properly. Eventually he called Logitech/Harmony support. They suggested that he do exactly as you have done and point the Harmony hub at the Ignite box. Once he did this his Harmony remote works perfectly.

I Plan to Stick Around

HALLELUJAH! Thanks!

Did he try an IR blaster? The harmony one hub has ports for two on the back. I think I will try that.

Julia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Juliafoo : Thank you for getting back to us with what appears to be the solution. Earlier you mentioned some old IR extenders that were flashing away.  Are those actually doing anything positive?  If not, I suggest you take them out of the equation.  It may be that they are also interfering with the signal or duplicating it causing "confusion" in your equipment...

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes thank you, I have covered them with tape for the moment. I need to follow the wires backwards through a whole mess of stuff to find out where they’re attached and remove them!

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Juliafoo wrote:
HALLELUJAH! Thanks!

Did he try an IR blaster? The harmony one hub has ports for two on the back. I think I will try that.

Julia

No. His hub and the Ignite box are out in the open. I am also using a Harmony remote with hub and they are both in a cabinet out of line of site so I am using the blaster that came with the remote. Works well in the cabinet, but just in case I have aligned the hub and Ignite box to face each other and that actually improved the way my harmony remote works

I Plan to Stick Around

BTW, the Ignite box suoorts bot IR and RF

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi just wanted to follow up to say that I have had a chance to test it and everything is working perfectly now!  I took the two IR extenders that came with the Harmony Remote, placed them right in front of the ignite box and voila!  Works great!

Thanks so much for all your help!

julia

I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyone been able to get a Harmony Ultimate remote to work with the Ignite STB?  

This Harmony remote connects via RF and NOT IR.  It does not require line of sight.

thanks

Sean

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation