Harmony Remote and Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Harmony Remote and Ignite

Hey @Sean77,

Welcome to the community!

Though I haven't tested the Harmony Ultimate as I don't have one myself, I am curious to know of it's compatibility. Are you getting any response from it? Have you spoken with Harmony regarding this as well?

RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersAndy,

Rogers chat session with tech support concluded "Rogers does not support that device."  

No success with Logitech yet.  Was hoping this forum would help. 

Appears not to be a common problem.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV just installed and I am configuring my Harmony One remote for it. Most keys work but these functions do not:

- SkipForward (does nothing)

- SkipBack (performs the same function as Replay)

There are no equivalent buttons on the Rogers remote so there are no learning opportunities. Anyone found a solution?

I have assigned a sequence for the SkipForward button to send multiple PgUp commands. It sort of works but needs some fine tuning. PgUp is set to 30 seconds rather than 5 minutes (which is too much). For reference this command can be changed by pressing Exit three times, entering 0030 (or 0300), and OK. I would be great if the time was variable and not just 30 seconds or 5 minutes.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV box - Can it be controlled by third-party infrared remotes?

I know the Ignite TV remote supports both infrared and RF, but does the Ignite TV box itself also support both IR and RF?

I realize a third party IR remote wouldn't support voice commands etc. but I still usually prefer using Logitech Harmony remotes for my TV setups. It would be nice if I could use a Logitech Harmony remote with the Ignite TV box.

I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@EugW1 wrote: I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic.

Your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic. There are other discussions on the same topic but essentially the answer is yes - the Harmony remote can control the Ignite boxes, excepting voice commands obviously.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

@EugW1 wrote: I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic.

Your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic. There are other discussions on the same topic but essentially the answer is yes - the Harmony remote can control the Ignite boxes, excepting voice commands obviously.

OK thanks. I guess I searched for the wrong terms.

Glad to hear that the Ignite TV box supports infrared too. That would make life a lot easier.

I've Been Here Awhile

My question about Harmony remotes was very specific, asking if the ignite box supports RF communication? 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Sean77 wrote:

My question about Harmony remotes was very specific, asking if the ignite box supports RF communication? 

Yes as indicated by harmony remotes working with them. Harmony remotes are RF

I've Been Here Awhile

Actually Harmony offers both RF and IR remotes.

https://img.bbystatic.com/BestBuy_US/store/ee/2016/tvv/misc/154441_harmony_comparison.pdf

Unfortunately mine is RF and the ignite box does not appear to respond.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Ignite boxes support RF since they can be hidden away and controlled by the Ignite "voice remote".  As to whether Harmony RF remotes work with those boxes, you'd probably be best asking Harmony that question and also at the same time ask which "device code" to use for your particular Harmony RF remote.

I'm not sure that many people have a combination of Harmony RF remote and Ignite service and visit this forum, hence the lack of a reply here.  And yes, most Harmony remotes are actually IR with only the more expensive ones offering RF.  But even when using RF do they not often utilize a "hub" which accepts the RF signals and is hidden away and then sends IR to nearby devices.  Most devices, after all, are IR.