HDMI Port Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HDMI Port Issues

What I currently have is Explorer 4250HD.

Previously (for years) the box works fine as we were just using the cable out directly to our old CRT tv.

I recently bought my dad a HD Toshiba Smart TV and decided to try the HDMI port instead. At first I thought I was just doing something wrong but as I was disconnecting the HDMI  from the Rogers box I put a downward (not inward) pressure on the wire/port and signal started showing on the tv. As soon as I release my hand the signal goes away and screen reverts to "No Signal Detected". It is not my HDMI cables as I have tried multiple and they work fine on other devices.

I guess my question is how do I proceed? Am I forced to buy a new box? Is there an exchange that can be done? Kind of sucks that I've own this box for years but have just now found out the port is defective.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HDMI Port Issues

@ayeitsg : If the port has not been used in a long time it's possible that the contacts have oxidized and are not making a good connection.  Try connecting and disconnecting the HDMI cable a few times to "clean" the port and also try reversing the cable putting the part that was in the TV in the box.

If that doesn't work and you still need to "lean on" the cable, it's possible that the port is broken on the inside of the box and requires repair. There are a few places that repair, but it's not cheap - probably easier to purchase a new box.  If you own the box, there's likely nothing Rogers will do for you.

I've Been Around

Re: HDMI Port Issues

If you are using multiple monitors on your computer and you get an issue with your HDMI port, it might be happening because you’re using the wrong display setting. So it’s a good idea to check this setting on your computer and make sure you use the right settings to display your screen.

To check your computer display settings, press the Windows logo key and P on your keyboard at the same time. A list of display modes will appear.

The difference between each mode is as follows:

• PC screen/Computer only — Only using the first monitor.
  • Duplicate — Displaying the same content on both monitors.
  • Extend — Using both monitors to display an extended desktop.
  • Second screen/Projector only — Only using the second monitor.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation